Sign in to follow this  
exstense

Simserver EFB and Navigraph

I posted this on the Remote Server forum:

And Mark replied:

I'm not asking for a date, just wanted to know if this is possibly something that will eventually be picked up?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, exstense said:

I posted this on the Remote Server forum:

And Mark replied:

I'm not asking for a date, just wanted to know if this is possibly something that will eventually be picked up?

As there are licensing issues behind this we can not currently comment if and when this will be available.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

32 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

As there are licensing issues behind this we can not currently comment if and when this will be available.

Okay, thank you. I understand.

Shall I still submit a support ticket (sort of a reminder), or is that useless?

1 minute ago, exstense said:

Okay, thank you. I understand.

Shall I still submit a support ticket (sort of a reminder), or is that useless?

No need for support ticket as this is known an under discussions with Navigraph.

• Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Extense,

There is one way to access the Airfield (terminal) charts with your tablet and that is to use one of the Navigraph Charts apps.  On the Navigraph website you can download their Charts App for use on either an iPad or an Android device.  If that doesn't work for you then try their Cloud App instead (Login to Charts Cloud at charts.navigraph.com.)  To quote Navigraph:- "Charts Cloud is a web based app that displays charts for flight simulator use on virtually any web-connected device, with special attention to touch interaction. Professional, current and worldwide Jeppesen charts are streamed instantly to the browser! Any browser running Charts Cloud can connect to your simulator via Simlink to enable moving maps. It has the same feature setas the other Charts apps".

When you save a screen capture of the chart you want to use for a particular flight in .pdf format the image file can then be transferred into the PMDG's EFB\DocumentsLibrary folder (although it's probably best to make a sub-folder first and save them there).  You will then be able to access and manipulate your own charts from within the EFB Documents tab.   This is a bit of a workaround because the EFB's documents are not handled in exactly the same way as the Navigraph charts when you want to see them, but it does work reasonably well.  It is perhaps also worth bearing in mind that the en-route Jeppesen charts which Navigraph supplies apparently don't work yet with the QOTS II EFB, only their Airfield charts.  You can even save parts of the en-route charts using this method, so that is a bonus which you might feel makes all of the effort worthwhile. 

Berts,

Thank you for your explanation. I use the Navigraph apps you described. And that works very well. Indeed, I can also print the charts to a .pdf and place them in the folder you mentioned.

I was just looking forward to an EFB on my tablet that would behave like in my VC, and would immerse me more in virtual flying. That was a little disappointing.

I now use a tablet acting as my EFB (without the charts) and a tablet with my Navigraph apps.
I'm just spoiled 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1