Sign in to follow this  
zap51

Acars (VA's) and FSX Steam compatibility

I recently switched over to FSX Steam from FSX.   I noticed my Virtual Airlines acars do not work with FSX SE, they still only recognize FSX.  How do I fix this?

So, which ACARS system, and what isn't working?

More than likely they don't support using FSX:SE when installed on top of FSX. Mine doesn't either.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

I reinstalled luvcars for Southwest Virtual Airlines and vAACARs for Virtual American after I installed FSX Steam.  The reason I ask is that the virtual airlines are installed in the C:>  Program Files (x86).  Not in the FSX folder.  I was just curious about a possible tweek to fix this?

Fix what? You've still not said what the problem is.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

I worked it out, at least with my Virtual American acars.  Even though I already had this version on FSX, I redownloaded the latest FSUIPC and reinstalled it.  Works fine now.