Sign in to follow this  
gregory.goodwin1

Bahamas Scenery Pack 1 available for download

Is this is: https://photosimlabs.wixsite.com/website?fbclid=IwAR3BpCUOjDu1YzW-CBUNKOI6NG3CsRUiYg8HL6i8NMAKDOfJVyVTRUWuYbc

or something else?

I have been following the Photosim labs project on FB for a while, but I have never asked for any details. The shots have been impressive.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Just now, duckbilled said:

Is this is: https://photosimlabs.wixsite.com/website?fbclid=IwAR3BpCUOjDu1YzW-CBUNKOI6NG3CsRUiYg8HL6i8NMAKDOfJVyVTRUWuYbc

or something else?

I have been following the Photosim labs project on FB for a while, but I have never asked for any details. The shots have been impressive.

That is a different project. That is payware, and this is freeware..

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Just now, snapshot21 said:

That is a different project. That is payware, and this is freeware..

Got it. Thanks!

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Just uploaded a .zip with correct instructions in the readme file.  

Note: if you previously added the .hide extension to CVX2824.BGL, CVX2924.BGL, CVX2722.BGL, AND/OR CVX2622.BGL, I would recommend removing the .hide extension from those files. The CVX files contain lines and polys for the default scenery.  Hiding them may affect the display of some default scenery.

Corrected instructions are below:

Optional Steps

1. Remove Extraneous default Objects

Default objects and extrusion bridges are not suppressed by these scenery files.  Default objects are scattered objects that generally aren't a problem however there are a few antennas that will appear in the water around Bimini and Grand Turk island (they were on land with the default scenery).  The one area that you will want to clear of default objects is around Freeport Harbor on Grand Bahama.

To do this, you can simply add a ".hide" extension to specific object and bridge .bgl files in the scenery folder

Turks and Caicos

A. navigate to Prepar3Dvx\scenery\0303\scenery folder
B. add the ".hide" extension to BRX28240.bgl making it BRX28240.bgl.hide, repeat this for BRX29240.bgl making it BRX29240.bgl.hide (hides bridges)
C. add the ".hide" extension to OBX28240.bgl making it OBX28240.bgl.hide, repeat this for OBX29240.bgl making it OBX29240.bgl.hide (hides objects)

Grand Bahama

A. navigate to Prepar3Dvx\scenery\0302\scenery folder
B. add the ".hide" extension to BRX27220.bgl making it BRX27220.bgl.hide 
C. repeat this for OBX27220.bgl making it OBX27220.bgl.hide

note: BRX26220.bgl and OBX26220.bgl in this same folder cover Bimini and most of South Florida so hiding them will suppress objects and bridges across S FL too.  You can decide whether you want to hide these two files as well.

• Upvote 2

I just posted an update: Bahamas Scenery Pack 1-2. (link above will take you there)

This pack updates some airports in NB Scenery Pack 1-1 and also provides a P3Dv3 compatible set of scenery files. This is a complete scenery pack. You do not need to install NBSP 1-1.

If you are running P3DV3 and found that some airports would cause a CDT (e.g., Marsh Harbour or Grand Turk), the P3DV3 set of scenery files should address that problem.  The issue resulted from my use of the V4 SDK to compile some of the airports.  Please let me know if you have any problems with the scenery and I will do my best to address them.

Greg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One more (and hopefully the final) update to the Northern Bahamas Scenery Pack is now available in the AVSIM Library (Bahamas_scenery_pack_1-3.zip).

This update includes

1) All airports have been improved and a variety of errors have been fixed (see details in readme).  Special thanks to Canuck21a for helping me to find and correct these issues.

2) Fixes, and minor improvements to all scenery areas.

As before, this is a complete scenery pack, no need to install earlier ones.  If you have them installed, just delete them and replace with this one.

The link below will take you there

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=bahamas&CatID=p3dscen&Go=Search

Best,

Greg

Hi Folks,

Time for some Conch and Beer - thanks so much !

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

This is a great scenery pack. My only complaint is, where is Volume 2?😉

Does this conflict with Orbx global and vector N/A?

thanks!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

Refer to this post regarding a conflict with MYNN which is easily corrected.

Rich

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Has this project died? I sure hope not, as I was really looking forward to the Exumas, Staniel Cay to be precise. Hope to see something in the near future...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I just uploaded Bahamas Scenery Pack 2-2 Beta: Northern Bahamas/Turks & Caicos, New Providence, and Andros Island.  It should be available in the Library for download soon.

Sorry for the long delay but the summer has been a busy one for me and I haven't had as much time to work on scenery.

For Screenshots go to: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KP7Fz0W1GhKLBi-VWXRM_2AMy1314XPH

If you want to download now go to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xz7XUADG0X7s-xk2JLw9pY-C29cJsNFB/view?usp=sharing

I have added exclusion areas around MYNN (and all other airports) which should prevent bleedthrough by other default airports including replacements in ORBX.  

I have greatly simplified installation.  Everything is now in just two scenery folders. 

I've continued to make tweaks/improvements to all scenery areas.  

I'm about 2/3 of the way done with the Exumas and hope to have that scenery completed by the end of October.

Please Enjoy!

I just discovered this thread. Great stuff! Thanks so much.............Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Thanks for the update. Love your work!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor