Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Peters

Consistent NTDLL.DLL CTD's since update

6 hours ago, RISCfuture said:

Perhaps it's a polar bug?

I fly northern routes all the time, ENMG to UEE to PANC without any problems.  The only time I've had the NTDLL problem is when flying out of EDDF (using GSX for pushback) to KDFW.  Turning off GSX did not help for me.  Flying the same route out of BIKF or out of BGSF and I don't have the problem.  

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

33 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

Turning off GSX did not help for me.

Turning off or disabling? To my knowledge, the dll must be prevented from even loading, so if you're turning it off after the sim loads, it won't do you much good.

Kyle Rodgers

7 hours ago, RISCfuture said:

Perhaps it's a polar bug?

I get the ntdll thing every time I fly the 777 for longer than around 7hours, independant from the location but ONLY when going in western direction. After a lot if reading I don‘t think anymore that PMDG causes this in any way. However I‘m due to testing the couatl kill... I‘m so looking forward to the push back feature the FS2Crew ground addon is going to bring.

Same issue here.

I am currently on DLH721 and the 747-8i crashed the second time during the flight. ☹️

No problems with 744 and 777 (p3dv4.4) or my FSL A319/320

ZBAA KM31D KM A596 TZH B458 TMR G343 NIXAL Y683 NIGOR P983 ABESA L158 BENAK A487 BABUK B236 LUKAS L166 LUNAG A713 NOGRI T872 OK R834 MF MF7T LAPUR FE5T AR FE2T BG L29 SUW T727 DENKO N858 SUBIX Z20 LOGDO Z117 ORTAG T177 ODIPI T157 KERAX KER07S EDDF

The latest crash was short of OSBAL @ airway A713 (ntdll.dll)

my setup: 
| CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4,8 GHz | COOLING: Corsair H115i @ SP140 | MB: ASUS Z170 Del. | GPU: ASUS 1080GTX A8G | AUDIO: Creative SB Z/ Teufel Concept E 450 Digital Superior Edition | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 | SSD:Samsung 850 PRO 256/512 GB | Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen.) | MONITOR/TV:  ACER PREDATOR XB321HK/Panasonic TX-50DXW734 | OS: W10 PRO 64 bit Build: 1709 (16299.785) SIM: P3D v4.4.16.27077 |  NV-DRIVER: 398.36 WHQL | FSUIPC: 5.1.5.0 | WX: AS16 + ASCA | ENVIRONMENT: Envtex 1.1.6 | Envshade 1.0.5 | Envdir: 1.1.2.5 |  FTX Global  Basic, FTX LC EU/NA/SA  | FTX Vector | GSXv2 |  VC VIEW:ChasePlane 1.0.24 | CONTROLS: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | RUDDER: MFG Crosswind |

Edited by PGBosak

Guys, how many of you are using Immersion Manager from OldProp? The thing crashed first then the p3d right after it this afternoon. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

15 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Guys, how many of you are using Immersion Manager from OldProp? The thing crashed first then the p3d right after it this afternoon. 

I use it (except the lights options)  with 744 and 748.

But i can't remember crashes with 744 it is just the 748 and i had one single crash some months ago with 748 related to MS Internet explorer. (Maybe an EFB issue, i don't use the MS browser normally)

Edited by PGBosak

16 minutes ago, PGBosak said:

I use it for Contrails, Jet wash, Inlet Vortices, Cold Start, Engine Smoke, Drain Fumes with 744 and 748.

But i can't remember crashes with 744 it is just the 748 and i had one single crash some months ago with 748 related to MS Internet explorer. (Maybe an EFB issue, i don't use the MS browser normally)

I use all the effects to that the program provides (of course when they work). But i noticed p3d crashing right after immersion crashes, not only when using 747 but 737 and 777 also. 

Edited by Johnny19

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

26 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

I use all the effects to that the program provides (of course when they work). But i noticed p3d crashing right after immersion crashes, not only when using 747 but 737 and 777 also. 

Old Prop has said that something else triggers immersion manager to crash, not immersion manager itself. I close it down when not using the 747, just in case since the 737 and 777 don't use it yet. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PGBosak said:

Same issue here.

I am currently on DLH721 and the 747-8i crashed the second time during the flight. ☹️

No problems with 744 and 777 (p3dv4.4) or my FSL A319/320

ZBAA KM31D KM A596 TZH B458 TMR G343 NIXAL Y683 NIGOR P983 ABESA L158 BENAK A487 BABUK B236 LUKAS L166 LUNAG A713 NOGRI T872 OK R834 MF MF7T LAPUR FE5T AR FE2T BG L29 SUW T727 DENKO N858 SUBIX Z20 LOGDO Z117 ORTAG T177 ODIPI T157 KERAX KER07S EDDF

The latest crash was short of OSBAL @ airway A713 (ntdll.dll)

my setup: 
| CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4,8 GHz | COOLING: Corsair H115i @ SP140 | MB: ASUS Z170 Del. | GPU: ASUS 1080GTX A8G | AUDIO: Creative SB Z/ Teufel Concept E 450 Digital Superior Edition | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 | SSD:Samsung 850 PRO 256/512 GB | Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen.) | MONITOR/TV:  ACER PREDATOR XB321HK/Panasonic TX-50DXW734 | OS: W10 PRO 64 bit Build: 1709 (16299.785) SIM: P3D v4.4.16.27077 |  NV-DRIVER: 398.36 WHQL | FSUIPC: 5.1.5.0 | WX: AS16 + ASCA | ENVIRONMENT: Envtex 1.1.6 | Envshade 1.0.5 | Envdir: 1.1.2.5 |  FTX Global  Basic, FTX LC EU/NA/SA  | FTX Vector | GSXv2 |  VC VIEW:ChasePlane 1.0.24 | CONTROLS: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | RUDDER: MFG Crosswind |

3rd crash, same flight: now pointing to immersion manager:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.4.16.27077, Zeitstempel: 0x5bfdbb35
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.16299.785, Zeitstempel: 0x11105c69
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000374
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000f849b
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x22f4
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d4a78a56a94253
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: E:\P3Dv4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Berichtskennung: b2fe4b5b-2c05-40a6-a992-c52a63e29272
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

Application: Immersion Manager.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at <Module>.SimConnect_WeatherRequestInterpolatedObservation(Void*, UInt32, Single, Single, Single)
   at LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SimConnect.WeatherRequestInterpolatedObservation(System.Enum, Single, Single, Single)
   at A.m.C(Int32)
   at A.V.A(System.Object, System.Timers.ElapsedEventArgs)
   at System.Timers.Timer.MyTimerCallback(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Immersion Manager.exe, Version: 1.0.18.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5c313cbe
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.16299.785, Zeitstempel: 0x11105c69
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000004a6fb
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x211c
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d4a78a61d9b4dd
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\OldProp Solutions Inc\Immersion Manager\Immersion Manager.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Berichtskennung: 8f90c6a2-7cd9-40d8-9f18-a1069f11b3f4
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

2 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

Doesn't apply to my crash, I don't currently run Immersion manager with the 747.

7 hours ago, Bluestar said:

I fly northern routes all the time, ENMG to UEE to PANC without any problems.  The only time I've had the NTDLL problem is when flying out of EDDF (using GSX for pushback) to KDFW.  Turning off GSX did not help for me.  Flying the same route out of BIKF or out of BGSF and I don't have the problem.  

Grace and Peace, 

But, a link to EDDF (Aerosoft Mega Airport) and GSX is entirely possible... Perhaps I'll see if it happens with a different departure location...

LSZH-ZSPD done today night, no CTD. (In LSZH with everything you can have, GSX used, Rainmaker active (Snow), Immersion vol. light (fog))

Will try tomorro EDDF-KSAN (i got a CTD last time) lets see what happend :)

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

My apologies for the delay in returning to close the loop.  After working with PMDG Support, I was able to complete the flight on Wednesday.  It appears my NTDLL.dll crashes were caused by a corrupted 747 installation following the update, along with an issue with FSL's Spotlights.  The following is a synopsis of the fix:

PMDG Support recommended a complete uninstall & reinstall of the 747 using freshly downloaded copies.  Following the re-install, I set up the same scenario I had been trying to complete.  The 747-8 from EDDF (Aerosoft Mega Airport) gate A25, to KIAD.  GSX, ActiveSky, etc. all running as normal, did not disable anything. This scenario had resulted in consistent NTDLL.dll crashes.  Unfortunately, the software crashed almost immediately but with a different error this time.  Instead of a full CTD, P3D reported "dxgi_error_device_hung" and asked if I wanted to exit.  Bad news, but progress!

I had seen this one before in the past, and had a hunch.  So, I uninstalled FSL Spotlights, downloaded a fresh copy from their website and re-installed it.  Re-loaded the same scenario, and made a beautiful departure from EDDF in the rain just before it switched over to snow,  enabling Auto Cruise as I coasted out to begin the oceanic leg.  Everything looked to be back to normal and running well!  The sim did crash approximately 2+35 (real time) into the session as I passed to the south of Nova Scotia, and the event Viewer reported NTDLL.dll yet again...  However, this also occured at the exact same time-stamp as an FSUIPC auto-save.  I was also working in the FMC, and Auto Cruise was still active at sim rate of 4x.  I'm guessing I made an entry in the FMC at the exact time the auto-save occurred somehow making it angry, bad luck.  I was able to load the auto-save and complete the flight without any further issue.

Final report:  EDDF - KIAD, 8.8 hrs, landed about 30 min behind schedule due to a pushback delay, and an enroute weather deviation near JFK.

Back in business!  Don't hesitate to submit that Support Ticket and ask for assistance!  The PMDG Support folks are there to help.  Even though I'm an experienced simmer, another brain on the task, with another set of ideas on how to troubleshoot the issue proved helpful.

• Upvote 1