Sign in to follow this  
ZadeAlomar

P3d v4 pc upgrade help!!

Im wanting to upgrade my oldish PC to a newer one to get between 35-50 FPS in P3d v4 with high settings 

What do i need to upgrade ASAP and which should i get first. FYI im willing to spend around $650 total

Specs:

i5 4670k

R9 270x

8gb Ram

450W corsair PSU 

1.5 TB HDD + 500 GB HDD

1150 ASUS Mother board

Edited by ZadeAlomar

22 minutes ago, ZadeAlomar said:

Im wanting to upgrade my oldish PC to a newer one to get between 35-50 FPS in P3d v4 with high settings 

What do i need to upgrade ASAP and which should i get first. FYI im willing to spend around $650 total

Specs:

i5 4670k

R9 270x

8gb Ram

450W corsair PSU 

1.5 TB HDD + 500 GB HDD

1150 ASUS Mother board

If it were me within that budget I would upgrade your GPU and add another 8gb of ram.

Matt Wilson

I think the GPU.  I see GTX1070Ti on Amazon for < US$500. You can put the rest of your budget into a bigger power supply, like maybe a 750w one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

I think the GPU.  I see GTX1070Ti on Amazon for < US$500. You can put the rest of your budget into a bigger power supply, like maybe a 750w one.

Just to add a 2070 or 2080 might be in reach as well.

Matt Wilson

5 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

But with enough left over for the PSU?  I'm pretty sure he'll need a bigger one...

I think a 1070Ti is about equal to a 980Ti, but with 2GB more of VRAM?  My 980Ti still works nice for me...

Edited by Buffy Foster
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I've read reviews about the 2070 or 2080, they say they are meant for graphic design more than for gaming. What do you think about the CPU is it need to be upgraded or is the GPU a higher necessary   

49 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

I like where you're going there, been doing some research and i think the 1070 ti with an extra 8gb ram and a 750PSU would be a FPS happy PC. Would I get a massive FPS drop massively with add-ons in P3D v4. 

GPU for sure.  You have a K processor so you can overclock it even just make sure you have good CPU cooler and good fans on your case too.

41 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

But with enough left over for the PSU?  I'm pretty sure he'll need a bigger one...

I think a 1070Ti is about equal to a 980Ti, but with 2GB more of VRAM?  My 980Ti still works nice for me...

Is there a massive difference in performance between them and would the GPU be strained by the CPU

Prolly depends what add-ons.  Those big study-level airliners like PMDG get pretty hungry I guess.  I just fly GA planes, but with ActiveSky, Flight1 GTN 750, ChasePlane, and Track-IR.  Worked OK on my old PC even (i7-2600), and super nice now.  I think you'll be OK.  If you have extra $$, having 16GB of RAM would also be nice after you do the GPU and power, though.

2 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

GPU for sure.  You have a K processor so you can overclock it even just make sure you have good CPU cooler and good fans on your case too.

Just a question I'm guessing you have lots of add-ons especially ORBX does it look realistic P3D v4 and is there any frame drops here and there

5 minutes ago, ZadeAlomar said:

I've read reviews about the 2070 or 2080, they say they are meant for graphic design more than for gaming. What do you think about the CPU is it need to be upgraded or is the GPU a higher necessary   

What u read is not correct.  Your GPU is a much higher priority.  With your budget I would look pretty hard at the 2070 along with a PSU upgrade.

Matt Wilson

2 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

What u read is not correct.  Your GPU is a much higher priority.  With your budget I would look pretty hard at the 2070 along with a PSU upgrade.

But is it worth it though, 2070 a bit over my budget and I would still need to upgrade my RAM and PSU, wouldn't it be better to get a 980ti or a 1070ti or even a 1080

3 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

Your CPU supports PCI v3 and enough lanes to keep a good GPU happy. 

Thanks for that advise. Very useful