Sign in to follow this  
DeviosFR

P3D4.4 crash DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG Prepar3D v4

I also have this problem: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG But for me, it's when I launch a scenery such as T2G Paris CDG, LTBA, Flytampa Amsterdam. And it depends of the kind of airplane I fly with (QW 787,PMDG 777 or Carenado 390...)

But the strangest thing is that sometimes, (rarely) it works fine and I can fly during 3 hours. I thought my problem comes from my graphic card but i've a GTX 1050 with the latest graphic driver.

So did anyone has one solution for me ? That's make 1 month I didn't made any long haul flight :'(

I believe every Nvidia video card comes with a tweaking program.  If one is installed, uninstall it.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Every video card comes with a disk.  Look on the disk to see what program might have been installed. 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

But I didn't precise that I have a laptop and not a classic computer. So I didn' receive any disk with my graphic card because everything was already built. I've a GTX1050 2Go and these are few screens of my craphic card properties

1546807654-capture.png1546807675-capture3.png

Tell me if there are some mistakes or problems here. 

Thanks in advance

I split your topic from the other topic.  Your problem is different with the laptop.  The only solution found so far for the DXGI error was returning your video card OC back to the default.  I know of no other solution.

Submit News to AVSIM

58 minutes ago, DeviosFR said:

Tell me if there are some mistakes or problems here. 

Thanks in advance

You might want to return your P3D settings and any video card settings to the default.

Submit News to AVSIM

I Tried to restore default values of my Graphic Card but I still have the DXGI problem. But the stangest thing is that it’s happen just on P3D since 2 months. And moreover, when I select the default airplane and a default scenery it works nice. So are u sure that it’s a problem of graphic card ?

15 minutes ago, DeviosFR said:

So are u sure that it’s a problem of graphic card ?

No.  But if you read all of the topics above your topic and that are pinned in this forum, you will see this is the prevalent issue.  Also, if you do a search on the Internet, you will find this problem is not just with P3D but also with every game developed.  If is where people try to get more out of their graphics card than it was designed for.  Some have fixed it by lowering their settings.  Some by reducing the overclock on their CPU, and there are probably a thousand other solutions out there.  There were some who fixed it by completely uninstalling their graphics card drivers and making sure nothing was left on the drive and then reinstalling the drivers (I strongly do not recommend you do that as other issues might occur).  Some went back to older drivers but that does not work for everyone.  To be sure, there is no one solution that fits all.  If there was, I wouldn't be writing this dissertation and would have provided the solution immediately.  I have yet to see this issue and I kind of wonder if you have a scenery or aircraft that is really not compatible with P3D.  Oh wait!  That's another solution.  It's frustrating whenever one gets an error like this.  In my lifetime with FSX and P3D, I have reinstalled Windows several times and then reinstalled all of my addons as I could not find a solution (I was getting a StackHash).  Still it fixed my problem and I will never ever know what it was that caused it.  To be sure, it is not the fault of LM and P3D.

Submit News to AVSIM

I tried to reinstall my Windows but I stil have this problem I think I’ll let my laptop to a professionnal and then to see for changing my config and buy a PC

3 minutes ago, DeviosFR said:

I tried to reinstall my Windows but I stil have this problem I think I’ll let my laptop to a professionnal and then to see for changing my config and buy a PC

A system upgrade is always good.  P3D runs better on a desktop and more enjoyable. 

When you reinstalled Windows, did you reset Windows or completely reinstall where you have to set up a new username and reinstall all of your software.  I think the User folder can easily get corrupted and a reset just does not change the user and get rid of the corruption.  I had major issues prior to Christmas with Windows 10 and my user account.  Suddenly my user account got corrupted and P3D became useless.  It took a couple of days for Microsoft techs to figure it out.  They reinstalled Windows 10 for me and then had me create a new user account.  Once it was working, I started moving P3D files and folders from the corrupted user account to the new account, then they moved the Documents folder over to the new user and deleted the one in the corrupted user account, then pictures folder, and so on and so on and that fixed all of my problems.  The process is not for the faint of heart and Microsoft would rather you use their built-in reset options but when that does not work, then you have to go to wiping the HDD clean and starting all over again.

For me my corruption was caused by Microsoft (as I cannot mess up - 😄).  Microsoft wants you to have a user account within your Microsoft Account on the Internet.  You can also set up a local user account and I was switching between those user accounts whenever I had an issue. 

Good luck with your upgrade.

Submit News to AVSIM