Sign in to follow this  
jgar

FSX Beechcraft Aircraft Files

Agree with your comment, hope CH get up to speed with the compatibility issue,

Sure they are aware that the Sim community is moving forward and staying up to date with the latest MS Windows versions.  Otherwise the controllers will be on the Smithsonian soon. Hope that never happens, these controllers are well built and can take a lot of abuse..believe me, after 14 year and especially when trying to calibrate them in FSX.

Has been  in AVSIM since 2004 and can tell you how your support has been beyond my expectations after so many years of being dormant on this site.

Thanks Y'all,

Jesse   

• Like 1

Just to clarify, I have been using CH Control Manager 4.55a with Windows 10 for a long time now and never had a single issue with it.

10 hours ago, molleh said:

Just to clarify, I have been using CH Control Manager 4.55a with Windows 10 for a long time now and never had a single issue with it.

It depends on what function you use.  One of the advanced functions (I can't remember off the top of my head, sorry) no longer works and the controllers become unresponsive after a few minutes.  I have turned to FSUIPC for customized controller options but I will miss the ability to switch between different control sets with the press of a controller button.  The base functions likely still work.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Actually, molleh, now that I think of it it isn't just Windows 10 that conflicts with Control Manger: it is because CM is a 32-bit program.  jgar and I both use 64-bit Windows.  You may have 32-bit Windows so if you are able to use all of the functions of CM.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Molleh, BF Bullpup.

This is the response I received from APEM Tech Support relative to my query.

"The Control Manager is an optional program we offer, and it is not needed in order to use our products.  It can also cause issues like the ones you are seeing.  In fact, the Control Manager program is most likely the reason for your issues.  The Control Manager is also not fully compatible with Windows 10.

I would highly recommend rebooting your computer, and uninstalling this optional program."

As BF Bullpup states as long as you use the Control Manager for calibration only it works fine with Windows, 32 or 64 bits systems.  Have a 64 bits system and the issue is only with the calibration of the throttles levers in the CH Quadrant, all others programmed/assigned buttons/keys/axes in all the controllers in FSX and FS9 respond correctly.

• Like 1