Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Possible flashlight for VC use in 4.4?

thank you so much for this

been struggling at night with vertx da62 trying to find master power switch

this is just what i need

i do agree with others in this thread you do need some support for the work you do for us flight simmers

thank you so much

jeff

jeff storey

7 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

the LorbyFlashlight has been updated to build b03. You can now switch the diffuse light from white to red, and you can reposition the flashlight to the internal camera positions of the aircraft (if you are using the built-in camera system of the simulator). For example in Carenado aircraft, you could switch your camera view to one of the passenger seats that they usually have, and then make the light appear at that location too - still fully steerable. 

The dynamic lights used here are just effects files. You can edit them and adapt the lights to your liking (cone, range, brightness, color etc.). Files are in the installation folder of Lorby Flashlights and you edit them there too - they are linked to the simulator using the add-on.xml. So no copying of files anywhere is necessary.

What does not work is using the flashlight in the Avatar mode. In Avatar mode the simulator continues to transmit the location of the aircraft, not of the Avatar, and I can't access the Avatar object. Maybe some other time and/or P3D update. The only current way would be to use something like WAMA where you can leave the aircraft and "be" the Avatar instead of only "wearing it".

Donations: no, I don't do that. But you can always buy one of my commercial addons if you want, then both of us win.

Best regards

Hi 

Thanks for the flashlight which we desperately need. 

I am testing on PMDG 737-600 aircraft in P3D 4.3 and I am having a hard time to read any of the labels on the gauges on overhead panel. The panel state I am using is the PMDG provided panel state: NGX Long.

Is anyone else having difficulty in reading the labels on the gauges ? I am currently trying to locate dome lights. Urgh ... 

Bilal Asif Khan

12 minutes ago, biloo said:

Hi 

Thanks for the flashlight which we desperately need. 

I am testing on PMDG 737-600 aircraft in P3D 4.3 and I am having a hard time to read any of the labels on the gauges on overhead panel. The panel state I am using is the PMDG provided panel state: NGX Long.

Is anyone else having difficulty in reading the labels on the gauges ? I am currently trying to locate dome lights. Urgh ... 

Can you post a screenshot? It should be very easy to see everything if it's working properly.

9 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Wow, I haven't watched that show in a while. Has it really been 30 years already?

You mean like building a nuclear bomb out of a pencil, a paper clip and a ball of wool? The resources are comparable… 🙂

Best regards

Oh my!...your showing your age! 😉 Yes, 30 years already.

UPDATE

Hello @ll,

the Lorby Flashlight has been updated to build b05

• Now everybody can do a walk around in the dark - the flashlight works in Avatar mode too (=when you leave your aircraft with Ctrl&Shift&E). Light movement is again coupled with the camera view, so "mouse look" moves the splash of light around. And of course it walks with you 😉
  • The app icon has been moved from the task bar to the system tray.

This switch to Avatar mode is new ground for me, I just hope that it really works for every user like it works for me. It can be disabled in the "Connection" menu if need be.

Best regards

Edit: to all users who have changed the effect files: please make sure to make a copy of your work - the installer will overwrite them.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2

LORBY-SI

Thank you very much Oliver. Now I can see my GPU switch in the Vertex DA62 🙂.

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

has anyone tested to see if this works with an A2A accusim aircraft walkaround? say the Commanche or 182, etc?

Ciao!

This is brilliant! Just what I was looking for

Fred Ziker

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD

Hi Oliver,

is it possible, that the settings be remembered? Every time i make a new start of P3D, the settings go back to default!

Thanks for your Flashlight and best regards
Raller

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

@Lorby_SI,

Sorry to redirect this thread - thanks for the flashlight! 

Any chance that your scratchpad app would work in VR? We desperately need at least one window for kneeboard help!

Thanks much  - you are certainly a talented developer!

Dave W.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Oliver,

Once again you come through with another GREAT, FREE tool. Thank you so much for all the value-added you have given to the community!

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

4 hours ago, Raller said:

is it possible, that the settings be remembered?

Which ones?

Autoconnect, Autominimize, Avatar mode should all be remembered. 

Best regards

LORBY-SI

4 hours ago, whitav8 said:

Any chance that your scratchpad app would work in VR

Question: which part doesn't work in VR? The presentation layer is out of my control, SimConnect message window and the Kneeboard window are both P3D native. You can display the contents of the scratchpad in the kneeboard too, there is a button on the kneeboard editor for that.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

This is so great, now I will be able to fly my planes locally in the evening again. Thank you so much for this tool.

One observation: I initially struggled to get the flashlight to work. It shortly appeared when I switched it on but then moved somewhere in the downwards direction; changing the viewpoint didn't bring it back. I tried it with a variety of airplanes, including default planes. When I wanted to test it with the Avatar, I realized that I had the Avatar mode switched off. After I changed that, went into Avatar mode and back, the flashlight worked well in all airplanes. Could it be that it requires the Avatar mode to be enabled?

Thanks again,

Peter

7 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

This is so great, now I will be able to fly my planes locally in the evening again. Thank you so much for this tool.

One observation: I initially struggled to get the flashlight to work. It shortly appeared when I switched it on but then moved somewhere in the downwards direction; changing the viewpoint didn't bring it back. I tried it with a variety of airplanes, including default planes. When I wanted to test it with the Avatar, I realized that I had the Avatar mode switched off. After I changed that, went into Avatar mode and back, the flashlight worked well in all airplanes. Could it be that it requires the Avatar mode to be enabled?

Thanks again,

Peter

Hello Peter,

if the Avatar mode is disabled in P3D, it must be disabled in the Flashlight app too. That I why I added the corresponding menu option in Lorby Flashlight.

This seems to be a bug in the simulator variables (there is a thread in the P3D forums to that effect). If the Avatar is disabled for your aircraft in P3D, the variable transmits the value as if the Avatar mode was actually active. So the app tries to create the flashlight for an Avatar which doesn't exist. I will continue to try to smooth this out, but I couldn't find a solution yesterday.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI