Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Possible flashlight for VC use in 4.4?

Thanks for the explanation, Oliver. If you continue to work on the Avatar problem, please don't do that just because of me. I can't even remember why I switched the Avatar off (I think I did some tests a while ago) and I am perfectly happy to keep it on.

Peter

50 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

Thanks for the explanation, Oliver. If you continue to work on the Avatar problem, please don't do that just because of me. I can't even remember why I switched the Avatar off (I think I did some tests a while ago) and I am perfectly happy to keep it on.

Peter

Hello Peter,

no worries, there must be a better solution, I just need to find it. I hope to have improved things a little with the build b06 though

Best regards

LORBY-SI

UPDATE

Hello @ll,

I have updated the flashlight to build b06

• Both lights can be switched from white to red
  • The app now has my custom hotkey logic, so you can assign joystick buttons or other keyboard combos to the flashlight actions
  • It has a proper manual now
  • The app remembers the last state of your light configuration
  • I hope to have impoved Avatar mode compatibility (but the option to turn it off is still there)

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

• I hope to have impoved Avatar mode compatibility (but the option to turn it off is still there)

There is functionality within the PDK to allow notification when an avatar is attached or detached.  I will investigate this to see if it is any more reliable than SimConnect.

Doug

25 minutes ago, ddawson said:

There is functionality within the PDK to allow notification when an avatar is attached or detached.  I will investigate this to see if it is any more reliable than SimConnect.

Doug

Hello Doug,

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122196

I assumed that the issue has been resolved since then, but it doesn't seem that way (or I just misunderstand what the variable does).

But this is not really my problem. What I am trying to do goes a lot deeper than just knowing that the Avatar mode is active. No worries though, I think that I have covered it. Just need more data from people using it in different circumstances.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

I have updated the flashlight to build b06

• The app remembers the last state of your light configuration

I didn't made myself clear, that's what i meant.

Thank you very much for the update...

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

@Lorby_SI  b06:  Just AWESOME. Thanks!

This is a game changer for night flight in P3Dv4,4. I am going to look for some of your products to buy

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

1 hour ago, bbuckley said:

@Lorby_SI  b06:  Just AWESOME. Thanks!

This is a game changer for night flight in P3Dv4,4. I am going to look for some of your products to buy

Bruce

WMA is awesome

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I honestly don't get what's all that flashlight thing is about; we never needed one when entering a dark airplane. Either the lightning in P3D isn't realistic, or I don't know why you'd need one in the first place.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

56 minutes ago, 30K said:

I honestly don't get what's all that flashlight thing is about; we never needed one when entering a dark airplane. Either the lightning in P3D isn't realistic, or I don't know why you'd need one in the first place.

I guess for a real airplane at a well-lit airport such as EDDL, there is indeed no need. And yes, the problem has to do with P3D v4 in particular: LM introduced dynamic lights and leaves the environment pitch black. You can actually manage without a flashlight if an airport has dynamic lights installed, but most older addons do not. Instead, they simply use textures for their buildings that are bright during night, but these textures do not cast light into the airplane.

Peter

Glad to have Lorby's flashlight at a small airfield in the middle of Podunk Kansas on a Moonless night. 🙂

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Oliver, my man.

You gotta start chargin' for things like this.

We need guys like you! 😎

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks for this tool!  Game changer!  I've started planes at smaller airports and its definitely realistic to not see much at all.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |