Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[06JAN19] PMDG 747 QOTSII Updated 3.00.9195 via Ops Center

Last night KLAX - to KPDX no issue, with rain upon landing in Portland. no issues related to the 747. PDX, well that's other topic. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Good service all round.

I had a CPU crash recently which meant a new rebuild, replacing the MB and CPU. Unfortunately I couldn’t deactivate the PMDG fleet beforehand and needed to open a ticket to get the fleet activated again. 

Even with all the updates work going on at the PMDG headquarters I received an activation reset email within 24hrs.

I have the new hardware and software back up and running and my 4 holer now has rain effects on the windows.

Everything running nicely.

Thx PMDG.

IM

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GundamWZero said:

Mistakes from PMDG used to be few and far between... I guess you guys are trying to close that gap.

Extremely rare to ever have a showstopper or even as much as a niggle from PMDG releases.  Just put this one in a box and breathe

Yesterday, I queried whether doing the new update would make improvements to either FSX or FSX-Steam users:  I was informed on that particular posting that this current update was only meant for P3D v4 users.

What I failed to mention was that my Operations Center message board has a brand new reminder that an update is available for the FSX 747-8.  I am now confused - why do I have that message, and what will it specifically update on the 747-8 ???  

53 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Yesterday, I queried whether doing the new update would make improvements to either FSX or FSX-Steam users:  I was informed on that particular posting that this current update was only meant for P3D v4 users.

What I failed to mention was that my Operations Center message board has a brand new reminder that an update is available for the FSX 747-8.  I am now confused - why do I have that message, and what will it specifically update on the 747-8 ???  

I'm curious about this one, too. The change log lists two things, one of which had to do with clickspots on the First Officer's EFB, so that's why there's one for the -8. The other one is only relevant for P3D V4. That said, when I tried to run the update, the -8 update installed fine. The -400 update gave me abnormal response code 503, so it doesn't actually install. I asked about this earlier in this thread, but no response. A support ticket was submitted, but so far, none of the steps issued solved it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Thanks for the update and all the hard work Pmdg. Updated last night, the 748/744 runs rock solid on my system!

She is a beast even at MTOW!

Regards, Zsolt

Good Job PMDG.  While I probably won't get around to the update for another week, I appreciate your efforts.  I work at a large firm and we deal with epic issues with incompatible software modules more often than anyone realizes.  When it happens we do the same thing- all hands on deck, roll up the sleeves, and as Larry the Cable Guy would say, "get 'er done".

Mark

5 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm curious about this one, too. The change log lists two things, one of which had to do with clickspots on the First Officer's EFB, so that's why there's one for the -8. The other one is only relevant for P3D V4. That said, when I tried to run the update, the -8 update installed fine. The -400 update gave me abnormal response code 503, so it doesn't actually install. I asked about this earlier in this thread, but no response. A support ticket was submitted, but so far, none of the steps issued solved it.

did  you update  the  747  first before the   748 , since if  you did  the  748  first  which  could cause issues

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I really wish that when an update thread like this comes along, the thank yous and gee-whiz stuff went somewhere else, allowing the thread to concentrate on issues with the update (if there are any). 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

16 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

I really wish that when an update thread like this comes along, the thank yous and gee-whiz stuff went somewhere else, allowing the thread to concentrate on issues with the update (if there are any). 

The support ticket system is SO MUCH BETTER than here.:smile:

18 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

Release threads really aren't the place for that. Support is, or perhaps a separate thread.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you for the update PMDG team! I flew the -8 on a short flight today and enjoyed noticeably better performance.

Quick question - I still fly in FSX, tried Prepared but not willing to make the capital investment to purchase the planes again. Question is regarding the rain effect, I know it's not applicable in FSX, however while changing views in the virtual cockpit, one of the views is forward windows with no flight deck and the rain effect was working. Will this option be available for FSX down the road?

Thank you for your great product.

Erwan de Quillien

12 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Release threads really aren't the place for that. Support is, or perhaps a separate thread.

Aren't the place for what?  Gee-whiz or update questions?

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg