Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

TFDI 717?

Hi all, I was wondering about buying the TFDI 717, it is right in my budget right now and looks great. The only thing I am worried about is performance. My specs are i7-6700 3.40, GTX 1070, and 16GB ram. Do you think I should get this aircraft?

yes! the performance is great. You can buy without a problem.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Just remember that there is a CTD issue with this aircraft when switching views. TFDi is saying it is a LM issue but it is not yet fixed even for P3Dv4.4.

It is a beautiful and well modeled aircraft. But just be careful of switching views.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Yes, yes you should get it. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Great aircraft- I've never been able to complete a flight without a CTD though. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

15 minutes ago, Tatave said:

Great aircraft- I've never been able to complete a flight without a CTD though. 

Try doing one without changing views 😂

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

If you fly in VC only - you can get it, it looks great and flies nicely.
If, however, you sometimes like watching wing views or the external model (e.g. in flight or during GSX boarding) - I can't recommend it.
You will sooner or later get a CTD and frustration instead of fun. I have given up on this plane.

Edited by Rafal

4 hours ago, Tatave said:

Great aircraft- I've never been able to complete a flight without a CTD though

Never have this problem. Flight a lot with and is a great aircraft indeed. Like it.

To switch of view, I utilise now chaseplane en before was working with ezdoc. Making, in flight, a lot of outside screenshots without problem.

Interesting, i never had that CTD because of switching views, the only downside for me is 2xSSA is not working with the 717. the tablet not usable if you set 2xsssa. 

I did lot of flight with it and no CTD ( maybe luck ) 

Great plane but I get too a CTD when I switched view few days ago to see passengers boarding. Very frustrating indeed!

Regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

To stop the crashes to desktop, press the Left Square Bracket key (Underneath the + and - keys) to open a second cockpit view window. Shrink it down as small as it will go and move it to the bottom left of your screen. I don’t even notice it, and I’ve never had a crash since. Doesn’t affect my FPS either. Obviously a proper fix would be good, but until then, this works. 

Its a fantastic aircraft, I bought it a few days ago and i've done a few flights in it.

You should be able to run it absolutely fine with your specs.

Agree ,Good Aircraft had it about a year now without any CTD when changing views.

10 hours ago, pilot10112 said:

Hi all, I was wondering about buying the TFDI 717, it is right in my budget right now and looks great. The only thing I am worried about is performance. My specs are i7-6700 3.40, GTX 1070, and 16GB ram. Do you think I should get this aircraft?

Your performance will be GREAT. Take a look at my specs down below. I get around 30-35 fps on the thing on my specs and it runs very smooth. It's also a great aircraft, manages well, and sounds are great. GO FOR IT 😄

Happy Flying!

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10