Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

TFDI 717?

12 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Just remember that there is a CTD issue with this aircraft when switching views. TFDi is saying it is a LM issue but it is not yet fixed even for P3Dv4.4.

It is a beautiful and well modeled aircraft. But just be careful of switching views.

Great! This plane sounds amazing! But I am little afraid of this CTD issue, I run chaseplane, do you think that will help?

1 minute ago, pilot10112 said:

I run chaseplane, do you think that will help?

In my case it didn't help at all.

One of my favorites to fly and fits my flying style perfectly.  Great 1-2 hour hops, hand flies beautifully and sounds are great (put your P3D engine slider at around 30,  for more realism as  you can't really hear engines up front in 717) and VC is one of the best around.  I know some have the CTD issue but for what its worth I never have these at all even with a lot of view switching.  I'd also look at the TFDI Immersion from FSFX.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I’ve never had the CTD issue with or without Chaseplane. 

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

1 hour ago, pilot10112 said:

Great! This plane sounds amazing! But I am little afraid of this CTD issue, I run chaseplane, do you think that will help?

As said many times if you don't change the views to see outside, it's perfectly ok with no CTD. I love the plane despite this flaw, I'm pretty sure it will be corrected. I love the avionic too, almost the same as my beloved MD11, despite the fact that some features, like climb and descent forecasts, are not yet implemented. Overall the plane is worth it, don't be afraid to take it!

Regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

1 hour ago, pilot10112 said:

There was a time, I had a CTD every flight but now for quite a while I have no problems, even with changing the views.

Chaseplane does not make a difference. But I heard there are some workarounds, where Chaseplane will help. But I haven't needed it so far. You can absolutely risk it. In the value for money ranking, the TfDi 717 takes easily one of the top places...

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I really enjoy the 717. In fact it might currently be my favorite commercial airliner product. I do get the CTDs when switching back to VC, but it's very rare and not enough to really affect my enjoyment.

Ok thank you so much for all your help! I will get it in the next week or so, and let you know how it runs

• Upvote 1

The workaround for ctd when switching views per the developer is to open another view window when switching views. The ctds are rare but I have had them happen. It only takes one to be a major bummer.

Edited by JasonPC

Very nice aircraft. If you're a fan of the DC9 you might want to take a look at the Leonardo Fly The Mad Dog. The 717 is more modern. Both are wonderful sim planes.

Vic green