Sign in to follow this  
MattSC1

Fuel Management in Proline

I've done a couple of test flights with the Falcon, and overall I'm pretty happy with it.  One thing I noticed about the Proline was regarding the Perf page  (fuel management) .  For fuel usage, It only showed fuel burn for two engines and the apu.   Based on my flight plan and fuel burn,  the engines, it was showing fuel burn for  was engines  1 and 3.  No fuel usage was listed for engine 2.    However on the main panel, it does correctly show the fuel burn for all three engines, which also cross checks with the fuel manager in the sim.    What this did was give a misleading range and endurance calculated by the proline.   On the perf page while en-route, the Proline was only calculating fuel burn off of two engines, which showed a range of well over 4000 nm.     After landing and checking my fuel burn, based off of the fuel remaining from the gauge on the main panel and what was shown in the prepar3d fuel manager, the range for the aircraft was correct.   I had approximately 66% fuel remaining for a 980nm flight.    Overall the Proline worked well, followed my flight plan, including the altitude restrictions I had programmed for a  VNAV  descent.

The only other glitch I encountered was to engage the approach button on the auto pilot, I had to briefly disengage the auto pilot and reconnect it.  It would then activate the approach button and follow the glide slope.  

Just was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same,

Matt

13 hours ago, MattSC1 said:

I've done a couple of test flights with the Falcon, and overall I'm pretty happy with it.  One thing I noticed about the Proline was regarding the Perf page  (fuel management) .  For fuel usage, It only showed fuel burn for two engines and the apu.   Based on my flight plan and fuel burn,  the engines, it was showing fuel burn for  was engines  1 and 3.  No fuel usage was listed for engine 2.

Someone at Carenado QC Forgot to revise the FMS code for the FA50, they forgot this airplane has 3 engines.

The code is only taking into account engines 1 & 2 for all fuel calculations. (I already fixed that, and some other mishaps in various instruments)

Edited by RamonB

RamonB could you let us know how you fixed the Fuel issues as well as your fixes for 'various instruments'?

Thanks for all your work!

I'm not on my sim PC.

For the FMS ENGINE & FUEL problems.
You have to edit some files inside the FMS CAB file and spb2xml them, then edit the code for VC & 2d. Don't remember the full names now.
Look for ENGINES and FUEL FLOW. You'll see that calculations don't take into account or add-up Engine 3.

It is the same for other instruments, for example the AP's (VC & 2d) YD, !/2 bank shown on PFD, but not working at all, also need edits to aircraft.cfg, etc.)

Edited by RamonB

Have to laugh.  I am a fan of Carenado planes.  They start them.  And then kind folks here have to "finish" them on this forum!

This is indeed a major nuisance. I don't expect a study-level aircraft, but for Pete's sake... forgetting an Engine in the PERF page and avge fuel calculation. This is a MAJOR oversight, if not a GENERAL failure if we want stick to military ranks. I'd really appreciate a hotfix as I am currently not at all tempted to meddle with any CAB file... this should not be our cup o' tea. 😕