Sign in to follow this  
oriusmagus

Coordinates and altitude in Google Earth

Hello,

I got longitude and latitude parameters in a Excel sheet with informations of altitude.

Example:

Lat           Long        alt

524.530    97.560   671
524.524    97.794   792
524.518    98.053   914
524.508    98.300  1067
524.498    98.627  1311

I wonder if it is possible to get this data into Google Earth for visible information. Just saw a possibility to enter a .txt with long and lat parameters (my seems to be a wrong format for that). I want to view a descent into an airport. Maybe anyone knows a solution,if it is possible.

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil

You'll just need to convert it into KML format. It's a well-documented XML variant.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Hi.

Can someone explain the lat & lon format in the original post? It's one I haven't seen before. I'm accustomed to degrees with a positive or negative sign, or a N, S, E or W prefix. I thought maybe the leading 5 in the latitude data indicated southern values but if that's the case, there's nothing in the longitude to distinguish E from W.

Cheers,

D

Edited by Dave Morgan
spilling