Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

GTN750 Integration WIP

On 1/10/2019 at 9:32 PM, RamonB said:

OK guys, version 1 is ready for a test drive. FA50_GTN750_mod_1

1czh09iyfdmu31l6g.jpg

Who wants to be the beta tester. 😎

If You are interested, Send me a PM with Your eMail.

Special thanks to Carenado, for letting me share, to Bert Pieke, for his candor and endless mods, and to Janek.for letting me modify his FLTINFO gauge.

Please report problems and suggestions here.

Cheers.

Hi Ramon:

I have made a number of flights and everything is working fine. Great piece of work. I just had a question though. Is it possible to adjust the size of the GTN display on the panel so it includes the entire display, including the information in the top banner?

Thanks

Rick

42 minutes ago, Wink207 said:

Hi Ramon:

I have made a number of flights and everything is working fine. Great piece of work.

Thanks

Rick

Rick;

Thanks for the Info and Your comment.

42 minutes ago, Wink207 said:

Is it possible to adjust the size of the GTN display on the panel so it includes the entire display, including the information in the top banner?

Yes, of course.

If You are using the F1 GTN750 Try this:

1. Make a backup copy of panel.cfg
2. Find [Vcockpit01] and then gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  572, -42, 394, 620,UNIT1.
3. Either Replace or comment out the old line. Just put // before gauge04. and place this one underneath:

gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  584, 74, 380, 502,UNIT1

4. Go Fly.

If You are using the RXP750 then You will have to play with the numbers. Left, Top, Width, Height But I think they should be similar.

Cheers.

Edited by RamonB

17 hours ago, RamonB said:

Rick;

Yes, of course.

2. Find [Vcockpit01] and then gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  572, -42, 394, 620,UNIT1.
3. Either Replace or comment out the old line. Just put // before gauge04. and place this one underneath:

4. Go Fly.

If You are using the RXP750 then You will have to play with the numbers. Left, Top, Width, Height But I think they should be similar.

Cheers.

For the RXP GTN750 showing the entire display:

gauge04=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  579, 69, 385, 510,NO_BEZEL

Regards,

Roberto

40 minutes ago, Ralvarez232 said:

For the RXP GTN750 showing the entire display:

gauge04=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  579, 69, 385, 510,NO_BEZEL

Regards,

Roberto

Pardon me misaddressed.

Rick

Edited by Wink207

18 hours ago, RamonB said:

Rick;

Yes, of course.

4. Go Fly.

Cheers.

Hi Ramon:

Thank you for that line in panel.cfg. Works perfectly. Now with Instrument Reflections OFF I can run the GTN without using the pop up window and do everything, including GTO, which you are aware.

Thanks again for your work and help.

Best regards,

Rick

I'm trying to fly a LPV approach with the GTN, but it will not capture the GS. 3 times I have tried. What has to be set up in order to capture the GS. I know I have done it my CJ2 with the GTN. I just can't get with this plane... I know its operator error....lol

43 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

I'm trying to fly a LPV approach with the GTN, but it will not capture the GS. 3 times I have tried. What has to be set up in order to capture the GS. I know I have done it my CJ2 with the GTN. I just can't get with this plane... I know its operator error....lol

What has worked for me is the A/P must be in NAV flying the flight plan, the approach is activated on the GTN and the aircraft is on the approach, the GTN must transition to LPV usually at the FAF, the glide slope cue appears on the pdf, and I select APP on the mode control panel as the glide slope cue begins to sink. It sounds like a lot of steps but they all flow sequentially so long as the A/P is in NAV and flying the approach. You should also be sure to look at the approach plate to be sure you cross the IAF and FAF at the correct altitudes.

Edited by Wink207

51 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

Wink, Thank you so much, I was not engaging APP. Worked like a charm

Bob

Happy to help

HI Ramon,

I have done a couple of flights and the mod has functioned perfectly. Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into this for all of us. Now, I don't have to leave it in the hanger or request a refund!

Newell

2 hours ago, pbearsailor said:

Thanks from me as well, Ramon.

All looks good after one flight with Carenado's update to 1.2 today.

cheers,

steve

Glad its working. I havn't downloaded it. Busy working on mod v3

Thank You for the info!

Cheers.

5 hours ago, Nc3 said:

HI Ramon,

I have done a couple of flights and the mod has functioned perfectly. Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into this for all of us. Now, I don't have to leave it in the hanger or request a refund!

Newell

My Pleasure. Lovely Airplane,

Cheers.

Edited by RamonB

My apologies for taking so long to thank you for the mod and report my results. Great work, it's far more user friendly than than the included Proline 21. Flown a few times with the Carenado 1.2 U/G and all is well. TX again.