Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

GTN750 Integration WIP

Message sent also, thank you for your time and hard work for putting this mod together.

Cheers,

Ruud

Cheers Ramon,

You made the Falcon a pleasure to fly and I look very much forward to your mod v3. It's a shame that Carenado massacred such a beautiful aircraft but you are making an awesome job fixing it.

I discovered a funny thing today: the chocks and cones only touch the ground if you have full fuel and the strut are compressed.... Come on Carenado!

Anyway, cheers Ramon!

Rem

3 hours ago, captrem said:

Cheers Ramon,

You made the Falcon a pleasure to fly and I look very much forward to your mod v3. It's a shame that Carenado massacred such a beautiful aircraft but you are making an awesome job fixing it.

I discovered a funny thing today: the chocks and cones only touch the ground if you have full fuel and the strut are compressed.... Come on Carenado!

Anyway, cheers Ramon!

Rem

Also the external power unit. Floats in the air.

Hello Guys

Unable to fix Chocks, Cones, Reverser and GPU as those are part of the model (ie. off Limits)

52 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Hello Guys

Unable to fix Chocks, Cones, Reverser and GPU as those are part of the model (ie. off Limits)

Hi Ramon
My goodness I never expected you to fix stuff like the floating junk. Your work is way more important. Please forgive me if I gave that impression. Floating objects and the like are stuff Carenado should fix without doubt.

Thanks again for your work.

Rick

Hi Ramon,

I've done probably 10 flights now since you've given me the mod and it works great. The only thing I'd say would make this a step better would be instead of two identical GTN750's on capt and FO sides, it would be nice if they worked independently in the sense I can use my utilities > vcalc page on the FO side while keeping my charts up on the capt side but they still utilize the same flight plan. What I've been doing, and has worked great for me, is if you do SHFT + A while in the virtual cockpit and grab the GTN750 on the left side and undock it, and use it as a 2nd GTN750 I can accomplish what I need from it. I'm not sure what all it would take but just merely a recommendation to make this flight deck even more pilot friendly.

No issues to report at this time, just the one recommendation if it's at all possible. 

Thanks 

Mark

7 hours ago, endeavor384 said:

Hi Ramon,

I've done probably 10 flights now since you've given me the mod and it works great. The only thing I'd say would make this a step better would be instead of two identical GTN750's on capt and FO sides, it would be nice if they worked independently in the sense I can use my utilities > vcalc page on the FO side while keeping my charts up on the capt side but they still utilize the same flight plan. What I've been doing, and has worked great for me, is if you do SHFT + A while in the virtual cockpit and grab the GTN750 on the left side and undock it, and use it as a 2nd GTN750 I can accomplish what I need from it. I'm not sure what all it would take but just merely a recommendation to make this flight deck even more pilot friendly.

No issues to report at this time, just the one recommendation if it's at all possible. 

Thanks 

Mark

Hello Mark

Adding a 2nd GTN750 was my first thought after making the original MOD; but apparently Carenado made the model
to use only 1 of each PFD, MFD, FMS, and RADIOS.
I can't add a 2nd GTN750 as it would involve modifying the model files.

Perhaps if we flood Carenado with ticket request they might add a 2nd MFD on the copilot side (Then we can easily place a 2nd GTN750)

Regards.

Edited by RamonB

Hi Ramon,

Would the Flight 1 G500/600 work in place of the GTN750?

Thanks

Newell

2 hours ago, Nc3 said:

Hi Ramon,

Would the Flight 1 G500/600 work in place of the GTN750?

Thanks

Newell

Hello Newel

The F1 G500/600 can't work alone, it needs a GTN750 or a GTN650 as those provide the GPS component. (as in the real world)

The G500/600 would need to replace the PFD. (As both instruments basically do the same thing) and I don't think its possible to retrofit the panel with a G500/600 in the PFD space, as the size ratios are different and the VC does not have the bezel or buttons or soft keys that the G500/600  needs.
(Also I don't know what else needs to be done to the AP, the plane logic and other instruments that depend on the PFD data)

I returned my copy of the F1 G500/600 because it just gave me problems.
Perhaps in the future I will buy a new F1 version, but not for this airplane, (For the Seminole)

Cheers.

Edited by RamonB

Many thanks for your excellent mod Ramon. Haven't done much flying in the Falcon yet using the mod but it all seems to be functioning well - even got an ice warning!

Bill

Is there a difference when it comes to integrations between the F1 and RXP GTN750? Does it matter which one is owned for this mod?