Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

GTN750 Integration WIP

On 5/4/2019 at 12:45 PM, dahsteak said:

Any update on this mod? Look forward to using it!

Yes, soon.

Just took some time off to attend other business, but I'm back and should finish it before May's end.

Cheers.

Edited by RamonB

Hey @RamonB - this isn't going to be specific to the FA50 or your module but hoping you've maybe seen it before. After the latest update to P3DV4, my HSI in GPS mode no longer follows the GTN 750 flight plan. After reading the GTN 750 manual, i came across the section for Changing the AP Flight Plan Navigation Source. However, the instructions simply aren't working for me. "to change the flight plan nagivation course, right-click the source toggle click-spot on any GTN series gauge. An audible tone will sound and your aircraft will turn to follow the flight plan of the next navigation source..."

When I right-click what I believe is being referred to as the navigation source which looks like the blue sim card on the top left and get the audible, nothing happens. I tried uninstalling the aircraft as well as the GNT product and starting fresh but same thing happens; the navigations in all aircraft with the GTN are locked to GPS 360. Any ideas from your end if you've seen before maybe?

I tried posting in simforums where Flight1 is supposed to provide support but so far nothing. https://www.simforums.com/forums/topic61658_post393544.html#393544 . Just seeing if anyone has seen and knows how to correct at this point.

Thanks 

Mark Carter

Hi Guys

I have recently had to reinstall my FA50 with Ramon's Mod.

The GTN gauge is showing but it is flashing with the background changing from blue to yellow to white.

I have uninstalled GTN, Mod and FA 50 and rebuilt it all from scratch.

Using P3d V4 with the hot fix.   My mod was downloaded in January.

Thanks anyone.

Edited by Dean33

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Hello fellow Pilots,

Have a PM in to Mr RamonB asking for the FA 50 GTN 750 mods...  Have not heard back as yet, with the 4th right around the corner, I can understand.  Is it OK to ask someone out there who has the mod to send a copy to me??  I was hoping to work on this over the long weekend since we have rain in the forecast.  Sounds like its a great mod, and a really big improvement over the stock Carenado product.

Thanks and take care and have a great 4th of July!!!

Rich Parmentier

Hi,

I made an adaptation for Reality XP users. You can also get to the "direct to" function by clicking in the box as shown in the picture below

1563995114-gtn-fa50.png

After installing the mod of this thread, go to the PANEL.CFG and find the [Vcockpit01] section. Then, replace the gauge04 with :

gauge04=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  515, 54, 530, 560

Thanks for all your work. Great Job!! Would very much like to try it. 

Thanks again.

Edited by Ramjet6
Too much info. sent PM

Sorry, I replied in a PM about problems I'm having with the install instead of using the forum. The gauge activates but I can't click on it in the vc. If I go to the 2d panel I can click a couple of times before it "freezes". When I try to go back to the vc the screen is blank. Not sure what I've done wrong. Hoping you can help? Tried the brt/dim to no avail.

Sorry again (saying that a lot lately) I read back through the forum and tried the shift+6 option and all is well haven't tried redownloading the files yet however.

Thank you again for all your great work!

Edited by Ramjet6

OK so now everything seems to work except the autopilot won't follow the gtn. I've tried every CDI comination I can think of. Hope someone can tell me what I;m doing wrong now?

OK again, I now at least know why I was confused. My NAV button indicates off even though it is on.I just have to be careful  which position it's in. Had a successful flight with an RNAV approach.

Thank again for all your work.

On 7/3/2019 at 8:29 PM, RickP said:

Hello fellow Pilots,

Have a PM in to Mr RamonB asking for the FA 50 GTN 750 mods...  Have not heard back as yet, with the 4th right around the corner, I can understand.  Is it OK to ask someone out there who has the mod to send a copy to me??  I was hoping to work on this over the long weekend since we have rain in the forecast.  Sounds like its a great mod, and a really big improvement over the stock Carenado product.

Thanks and take care and have a great 4th of July!!!

Rich Parmentier

Hi fellowship of aviation,

Me too have PM sent to Mr RamonB asking for the FA 50 GTN mods…
Probably he is on summer holydays, at least I wish he is.

Is it OK to ask someone out there who has the mod to send a copy to me?

Thanks to this community, and a big thanks to Mr RamonB and others who contribution is gold.

Best regards,
Nuno Braga.

Nuno Braga

I flew 4 flights today with this mod and everything work fine.  Thanks Ramon!

I have one question.  In addition to the GTN 750 I'm also using the Flight1 G650.  When you use the 650, you have three choices for how to control the autopilot:  (1) the 650; (2) the AP panel in the VC cockpit; and (3) the 2D pop-up panel.

I've noticed that trying to use all three at any time causes issues.  The 650 is missing a few functions (e.g., APPR), so you need to use either the VC AP panel, or the 2D pop-up.  

What is the right combination to use?

Thanks in advance. 

Dave Symanow