RamonB

GTN750 Integration WIP

Recommended Posts

I'm I missing it or is there a way to change the reserve fuel amount with the GTN 750 mod?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, Maveric751 said:

I'm I missing it or is there a way to change the reserve fuel amount with the GTN 750 mod?

Thanks

Not at the moment.

I have thought about writing  a Refuel Page in the Mod Gauge, but it is not yet done. First I need to address user Alphanumeric input via keyboard and or mouse.

Changing the Reserve Fuel Amount  or Refueling can be done, but there are many fuel/weight related Carenado values that need to be addressed for it to work properly.
 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ramon,   Thanks for all the hard work.   I have done a few test flights with version 1 and it's been working really well.   Looking forward to testing 1.2. 

Thanks again,

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ramon,

I installed and tested version 1.2 and it works flawlessly....great work.

Thanks again.

Steve Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ramon!

 

I installed and tested v1.2a with RXP GTN unit and works great. Thanks for your hard and excellent job!!

 

Best Regards,

Roberto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Nav button do we push in order to have the AP follow the GTN. One says NAV/FMS when you put the mouse over it, the other says NAV.  Neither on says on when I push them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

What Nav button do we push in order to have the AP follow the GTN. One says NAV/FMS when you put the mouse over it, the other says NAV.  Neither on says on when I push them.

Hello Dutch

You have to push the AP NAV button, just make sure GPS is selected in the PFD and CDI on the GTN750 is GPS.

As for the NAV FMS tooltip on the AP. It was an oversight, now corrected to read GPS NAV.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work Ramon, tested it briefly on a flight from Miami to South Bimini, you should have Carenado publicly thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me but when I install the GTN 750 mod my ground scenery becomes very blurry.  When I fly the without the mod, they become clear again.

Is there something I'm missing in the settings?  I do have instrument reflections off.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, have done 2 test flights, on both the plain fly's right through the set altitude. used VS for both.  going up and coming down, will not stop at set altitude.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Ramon.

I also installed and tested v1.2a with RXP GTN unit and works great. Great Job!!!

I flew a long trip from KTEB to MMMX yesterday, and at approach I encountered wind shears.

Is it possible to add a FMS message when wind shears conditions occur?

D.C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maveric, thank you so much, that did it. Geeeez, i would of never found that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 9:38 AM, Maveric751 said:

Is it just me but when I install the GTN 750 mod my ground scenery becomes very blurry.  When I fly the without the mod, they become clear again.

Is there something I'm missing in the settings?  I do have instrument reflections off.

Thanks

Hello Maverick

Don't know how the mod could interfere with Your graphics.
All it does is to replace  the PL21 MFD with a GTN750 in the VC,
Can You post a picture?

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 10:15 AM, Dutch1 said:

Ok, have done 2 test flights, on both the plain fly's right through the set altitude. used VS for both.  going up and coming down, will not stop at set altitude.

 

Adding to what @Maveric751 wrote.

The AP code in this plane is very "convoluted". Quite many lines and sections not used, add to that that there are 2 AP files and also have to inhibit some FMS code without breaking the whole thing. :sad:

Did some fixes to the FLC code (although not quite yet to my standard for descent; cant find 1 value I need to change) for the upcoming MOD v1.3,
Let me see what I can do with the VS code.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Ramon, I'm one step closer to loving your mod. It stops at the flight level now, going up and going down..lol...Thanks so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dciobanu2007@gmail.com said:

Hi, Ramon.

I also installed and tested v1.2a with RXP GTN unit and works great. Great Job!!!

I flew a long trip from KTEB to MMMX yesterday, and at approach I encountered wind shears.

Is it possible to add a FMS message when wind shears conditions occur?

D.C

Hello

Thanks for the info.

As for WindShear:
I have a vague  idea on how to write a WindShear  gauge. (Wind Direction + Speed + Angle  + Plane Altitude, etc.).
Will need to seek the web; unless someone here whats to chime in!

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 9:16 AM, Maveric751 said:

I'm I missing it or is there a way to change the reserve fuel amount with the GTN 750 mod?

Thanks

Hello

Yes it can be done.

-----------------------------

FYI: I have an 80-85% working fuel transfer simulation system for this Airplane, but I need and AFM/POH, manual to make it as real as possible;
Bleed Air is also not modeled.
(ATM it Needs Doug Dawson's dsd_fuel_dump  or dsd_p3d_fuel_dump_x64.zip  (gauges).

I will most probably include it in the MOD as an option because:

With @ddawson Doug Dawson's files It works just fine in P3D V4.3, but sometimes I get a DLL error on FSX & FSX-SE.
With  @taguilo  Taguilo's XMLTools it works the other way. Fine with FSX & SE but  can't make it work with P3D v4.3

Stay tuned!

Cheers.

Edited by RamonB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RamonB said:

Hello Maverick

Don't know how the mod could interfere with Your graphics.
All it does is to replace  the PL21 MFD with a GTN750 in the VC,
Can You post a picture?

Cheers.

Ramon I don't know what happened.  I unstalled the Flight1 GTN Complete and reinstalled it, now all is fine.

Thanks for the reply and keep up the great work!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 9:32 PM, RamonB said:

OK guys, version 1 is ready for a test drive. FA50_GTN750_mod_1

1czh09iyfdmu31l6g.jpg

 

Who wants to be the beta tester. 😎

If You are interested, Send me a PM with Your eMail.

Special thanks to Carenado, for letting me share, to Bert Pieke, for his candor and endless mods, and to Janek.for letting me modify his FLTINFO gauge.

Please report problems and suggestions here.

Cheers.

Hi Ramon:

I have made a number of flights and everything is working fine. Great piece of work. I just had a question though. Is it possible to adjust the size of the GTN display on the panel so it includes the entire display, including the information in the top banner?

Thanks

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Wink207 said:

Hi Ramon:

I have made a number of flights and everything is working fine. Great piece of work.

Thanks

Rick

Rick;

Thanks for the Info and Your comment.

 

42 minutes ago, Wink207 said:

 Is it possible to adjust the size of the GTN display on the panel so it includes the entire display, including the information in the top banner?

Yes, of course.

If You are using the F1 GTN750 Try this:

1. Make a backup copy of panel.cfg
2. Find [Vcockpit01] and then gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  572, -42, 394, 620,UNIT1.
3. Either Replace or comment out the old line. Just put // before gauge04. and place this one underneath:

gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  584, 74, 380, 502,UNIT1

4. Go Fly.

If You are using the RXP750 then You will have to play with the numbers. Left, Top, Width, Height But I think they should be similar.

Cheers.

Edited by RamonB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RamonB said:

Rick;

Thanks for the Info and Your comment.

 

Yes, of course.

If You are using the F1 GTN750 Try this:

1. Make a backup copy of panel.cfg
2. Find [Vcockpit01] and then gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  572, -42, 394, 620,UNIT1.
3. Either Replace or comment out the old line. Just put // before gauge04. and place this one underneath:

gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  584, 74, 380, 502,UNIT1

4. Go Fly.

If You are using the RXP750 then You will have to play with the numbers. Left, Top, Width, Height But I think they should be similar.

Cheers.

For the RXP GTN750 showing the entire display:

gauge04=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  579, 69, 385, 510,NO_BEZEL

Regards,

Roberto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ralvarez232 said:

For the RXP GTN750 showing the entire display:

gauge04=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  579, 69, 385, 510,NO_BEZEL

Regards,

Roberto

Pardon me misaddressed.

Rick

Edited by Wink207

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RamonB said:

Rick;

Thanks for the Info and Your comment.

 

Yes, of course.

If You are using the F1 GTN750 Try this:

1. Make a backup copy of panel.cfg
2. Find [Vcockpit01] and then gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  572, -42, 394, 620,UNIT1.
3. Either Replace or comment out the old line. Just put // before gauge04. and place this one underneath:

gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  584, 74, 380, 502,UNIT1

4. Go Fly.

If You are using the RXP750 then You will have to play with the numbers. Left, Top, Width, Height But I think they should be similar.

Cheers.

Hi Ramon:

Thank you for that line in panel.cfg. Works perfectly. Now with Instrument Reflections OFF I can run the GTN without using the pop up window and do everything, including GTO, which you are aware.

Thanks again for your work and help.

Best regards,

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now