Jim Young

MegaScenery NoCal, Oregon, and Wash St in 747-8

Recently downloaded the latest versions of Oregon, Wash State, and Nevada (NV not used in this scenario) and did a short hop from FlightBeam KSFO to KSEA (SeattleX) in the PMDG 747-8 with P3Dv4.4.  Had ASP4 enabled (with heavy clouds and weather most of the way) and UTLive.  I swear I have hit the ultimate of flight simulation.  The latest versions of MSE are absolutely stunning, frame rate friendly and it is now extremely enjoyable to fly over this scenery.  Very clear with no blurries or stuttering (where you look out the side window and the landscape seems to lag).  I honestly do not know how it can get better.  My specs in my signature as I think one needs a similar setup.  I used the FSUIPC Log utility to log the fps -

Minimum frame rate was 29.0 fps, Maximum was 81.3 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 4061 secs = 52.8 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 281 aircraft

I updated the PMDG 747-8 to the latest just before takeoff and it landed perfectly on the center line and stayed there until stopping. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Agree, MSE has come alive with the latest release of P3D V4.4 ... I did a lot of testing with it at 1024 texture setting and was very impressed with fantastic FPS.  MSE provided Oregon V3 for free upgrade with their new ColorPerfect process which has helped even out source color difference.

Don't you need to attach some pictures or video with your post?

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Don't you need to attach some pictures or video with your post?

I was thinking of doing that but then thought maybe one of the AVSIM mods would move it to the screenshot or video forum and I like my topic here.

I'll post a couple of shots in the screen shot forum...