Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

keep getting thrust hold

hi finally got the 737 for p3d and looking forward to some nice flights but I seem to have a problem on take off I keep getting thrust hold at about 80kts, I have set up for a quick test flight both Fd on flaps 5 trim set rto set and auto throttle armed I slowly increase throttles and when they stabilise at 40% I hit the toga button speed increases n1 and toga displays in the fma and about 80kts thrust hold displays in the fma and the speed reduces, I have managed to do a couple of test flights but now I keep having this problem with every flight now I don't know if I have set up incorrectly or a problem with my yoke or rudder pedals I remember having the same problem with the qualitywings 146 which I never resolved any help would be great as I'm missing my 737 flights.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

This is correct behavior.  The thrust mode changes to HOLD at 80 kts, so best to push your throttles to full after pressing TOGA and not touch them again until after takeoff unless you need to reject the takeoff.  There is an option for throttle controller/throttle interaction that I always have set to override in hold/arm only.  See the Introduction document for more info on this.

The hold mode simply means the servos are clutched, not moving the levers, to allow the pilot to move the levers without fighting the servos.  Any movement of the throttles above 80 kts will automatically initiate a rejected takeoff.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan thanks for the help that must be the problem as I set the thrust to 40% I haven't moved them to full throttle I will do another flight soon  and report back.

thank you,Jim

issue solved thank you

thank you,Jim