Sign in to follow this  
hazbenz

Remote DU

Is there a way to put the Lower DU on a remote device (e.g. a tablet) so that you can interact with it. More specifically I am thing about the Electronic Checklist.

Cheers

John Harris

P3D v4, Win10 64bit, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Multi Panel, Saitek Switch Panel, Saitek Radio Panel, Saitek FIP

You can move the screen when you pop I out. But you can not put it on a remote display.

Edited by ph-cxz

Thanks, I am aware of the ability to move the DU's but what I am after is the ability to put it on a tablet and then use the touchscreen to choose options. Whether this is developed by PMDG or the capability for another developer e.g. Flightsim Apps to have the ability to hook into the SDK is immaterial to me but the capability is what is important.

PS. Hahaha just noticed that in my original post I typed thing instead of thinking

Edited by hazbenz
Add PS

Cheers

John Harris

P3D v4, Win10 64bit, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Multi Panel, Saitek Switch Panel, Saitek Radio Panel, Saitek FIP

Hi John:  There was an answer earlier from PMDG on the feasibility of using the ECL on a remote screen, which was very unlikely.  It would be tricky because of how the cockpit switches and abnormals interact with the ECL.  In my opinion, it's not something that would have as much priority as some of the other features they have on their to do list.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi John,

I've used this: https://www.spacedesk.net/

You can move a window to a tablet with it.

I tested it with the lower du, FMC's, cdu's and ECL

It does work perfectly with the touch functionality, but hits heavy on your FPS and therefor I'm not using it that much.

I do not know if spacedesk will stay a free app, or if there are problems with it.

I prefer Mark's Simserver

Edited by exstense
reread your post

Dan, I agree there are other more important things to fix but I would still like to see this as I am sure would some of the Cockpit Builders - if it is feasible.

Thanks Goof, I will investigate this (had never heard before!). And yes I am in the process of negotiating with the Finance Minister about gaining some Capital Funds for this project. Unfortunately, the Exchange Rate difference between the NZ$ and the Euro is not favourable at this time and the negotiations are taking on Brexit like proportions🙄

Cheers

John Harris

On 1/8/2019 at 9:37 PM, hazbenz said:

Dan, I agree there are other more important things to fix but I would still like to see this as I am sure would some of the Cockpit Builders - if it is feasible.

Thanks Goof, I will investigate this (had never heard before!). And yes I am in the process of negotiating with the Finance Minister about gaining some Capital Funds for this project. Unfortunately, the Exchange Rate difference between the NZ$ and the Euro is not favourable at this time and the negotiations are taking on Brexit like proportions🙄

would be nice if Marcom can do one more app , he have the EFB and CDU wy not like him to do one

On 1/8/2019 at 7:13 PM, exstense said:

I've used this: https://www.spacedesk.net/

You can move a window to a tablet with it.

Sidenote: When switching between full-screen and windowed, I have occasionally a CTD. Very frustrating

Edited by exstense