Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

P3D4.4 Smooth Panning

The default camera for VR has a instant delay when panning in the VR.  I referred to the SDK and found that by changing the SmoothPanTime in Cameras.cfg to 3.0 or 4.0 panning was much nicer.

Regards
bs 

• Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Actually, 2.0 works best on my rig.

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Which section of the camera.cfg file did you add this instruction to?  I looked at the camera.cfg file in the same directory that the Prepar3D.cfg file is located and could not find a SmoothPanTime entry.

Danny

Danny

Anywhere in the camera section you want to change..  The SDK says they are all mostly optional.  The spot view has it set to 2.  I set it to 3 so it is a bit slower.

Cheers

bs

Interesting.  I looked i the spot view camera section and could not find a SmoothPanTime entry.  If I understand you, I should put the SmoothPanTime entry in the VR cockpit section to effect panning while in VR?

Danny

Danny

Correct - I would add it as the last entry.

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = Virtual Cockpit
Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}
Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect =Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = True
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.6
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 0.8
SmoothPanTime = 3.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=50
HeadingPanRate=80
PanAcceleratorTime=0
HotKeySelect=2
HorizontalFOV=45

REgards
bs

Edited by bean_sprout

These are the VC camera settings that work well with the RealAir Lancair V2:

[CameraDefinition.002]

Title = Virtual Cockpit
Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}
Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect =Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = True
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.6
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
SmoothPanTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=50
HeadingPanRate=70
PanAcceleratorTime=1.5
HotKeySelect=2

Cheers
bs

I'm not using VR, but I did significantly reduce the default  "PitchPanRate=" and "HeadingPanRate=" numbers for the locked spot plane and VC view entries in the cameras cfg file. I personally found the default settings to be too fast and difficult to control precisely, and changing them has made a world of difference, much smoother and far easier to control...

• Like 1

VC not VR

Cheers

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2019 at 4:09 PM, bean_sprout said:

VC not VR

Cheers

No worries, I was just going by your original comment...

"The default camera for VR has a instant delay when panning in the VR."

Which led me to believe you might be using some kind of VR headset, my mistake, sorry..