Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

PMDG 747-8 on Approach to KSEA

Just upgraded MegaScenery Oregon, Wash State and some other MSE sceneries to the latest and greatest so just a shot of the approach into KSEA (SeattleX).  The photoscenery is awesome with FPS into the 80's.

2019-1-7_14-2-8-336.thumb.jpg.e9d96e0be8d6a9ad2f54e5c8600bc207.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Really nice looking scenery, and including the wing makes the picture even better!

John

Always love the extended-flap wing shots, beautiful aircraft and beautiful scenery!

Looks great, Jim. May have to give that scenery a try. 

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Great wing shot!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.  I don't post here often (in fact this might be my 2nd or 3d post here) and didn't think I would get any comments.  So many fantastic screen shots posted here daily! 

14 hours ago, dmiannay said:

May have to give that scenery a try.

Doug, with your system, you will really like Oregon and Wash State MSE's.  I have the just released FB KPDX installed too and you can even see the rapids in many of the streams. 

Pugilist2 has a fantastic system too.  I hope you like the Corsair H115 Pro.  Extremely quiet in comparison to the H100 (without the Pro).  I thought I had a super system (and I do) but you guys are way out in front!  You will be amazed how the latest MegaScenery looks (I just a 30 zoom factor externally and on the wing views).  Externally I put it at 40 or 50 zoom.  I do not use the wide screen view but, if I did, I would put it around 70 zoom.  Unbelievably realistic and I think the ultimate in flight simulation!  I also posted in the Photoscenery Forum (w/o the image).

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Doug, with your system, you will really like Oregon and Wash State MSE's...

You will be amazed how the latest MegaScenery looks (I just a 30 zoom factor externally and on the wing views).  Externally I put it at 40 or 50 zoom.  I do not use the wide screen view but, if I did, I would put it around 70 zoom.  Unbelievably realistic and I think the ultimate in flight simulation!  I also posted in the Photoscenery Forum (w/o the image).

Hey Jim.  I can certainly "feel" your enthusiasm!  And I agree, your posted picture sure does look nice. 

To be honest, I'm tentative on the whole PS phenomenon since I can't stand how flat and blurry it looks when down close, like on approach for landing.  It is a real immersion killer for me.  Granted, I have probably not used any quality PS yet, so don't have a current-day frame of reference.  A lot of the more recent offerings from Orbx (like the Netherlands) where time is taken to add a plethora of accurate 3d objects on top of the flat scenery starts to get my attention... so I'm wavering (lol).

Your excitement has weakened me, so I'll probably get one of the MSE products and give it a look.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

2 hours ago, dmiannay said:

Your excitement has weakened me, so I'll probably get one of the MSE products and give it a look.

Hi Doug,

I know exactly what you are saying and you might try out.  I know your home state (not going to mention here) was updated recently too so that might be one you would want to try if you want to see what the new stuff looks like.  For me, it is not blurry even at 1000 feet off the ground.  I believe the resolution now for MSE is 1M (use to be 10M?).  They also have videos and pictures on their site so you might not need to purchase after seeing those.

For me, I had FTX SoCal/NoCal and it immediately threw off the elevations of KLAS/KBUR/KLAX but they could be made compatible with FSDT stuff and other airports if you turned several of the Orbx/FTX files OFF.  To me, this is ridiculous so I got rid of all of my Orbx stuff and now only have MSE.  Everything is now compatible.  Thanks for your response.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

For me, I had FTX SoCal/NoCal and it immediately threw off the elevations of KLAS/KBUR/KLAX but they could be made compatible with FSDT stuff and other airports if you turned several of the Orbx/FTX files OFF.  To me, this is ridiculous so I got rid of all of my Orbx stuff and now only have MSE.  Everything is now compatible. 

Ok, you've talked me into it.  My arm hasn't been twisted like that in a very long time... *smile* 

I'll let you know my thoughts in the next day or do.

• Like 1

Doug Miannay

On 1/8/2019 at 6:42 PM, Jim Young said:

I know exactly what you are saying and you might try out.  I know your home state (not going to mention here) was updated recently too so that might be one you would want to try if you want to see what the new stuff looks like. 

On 1/8/2019 at 8:47 PM, dmiannay said:

I'll let you know my thoughts in the next day or do.

Well, purchased and downloaded my state, installed and fired up P3D.  I must say it looks very different.  However, I'm not a fan.  I think the overall look of PS is an acquired taste, at least for me. Kinda like chocolate and vanilla ice cream.  Both are excellent, but one can have a preference.  I know developers are working on lots of new technology and I look forward to seeing what they come up with on this front.  But for me... I'm just not there yet.

Thanks for the arm twist... now I know for sure, at least for now.

Doug Miannay

Thanks Doug.  I agree it takes an acquired taste.  I do think the technology has gotten better but not enough to sell it for everyone!  Happy New Year!

Jim

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM