Sign in to follow this  
FSXCYYZEGLL

Fly to Every Capital in The World

So this will be a long series of posts and screenshots, now the title is self-explanatory. But to add, here are the rules for me and this journey(also please contribute if you would like to try this challenge).

Goal:To Fly to every single Capital City in the world(or as many as possible within the prescribed ruleset)

-All Flights must continue from the previous destination( ex, after YYZ-LHR, if I wish to go to Hong Kong, I must fly from LHR, and Cannot choose another departure point without flying there first), this extends to diversion airports, regardless of the reason.

-All flights MUST be real-life scheduled flights from an airline(the aircraft should belong to that airline, but some exceptions such as the aircraft previously belonging to that airline, or being a close equivalent are allowed. Ex 737-800 replacing a MAX). Note: If you diverted, you may continue from the diversion airport to your intended destination without having to adhere to this rule. (Note some exceptions are allowed. For example Istanbul has gotten a new airport recently, however using Attaturk as a proximate for the new airport is allowed, just make sure to state this)

-All journeys must start from 1 starting point, and will end eventually at that point(for me this will be Toronto, Canada)

-You may return to your original starting point, or to a destination that you have previously visited as many times as you wish.

-You may fly to cities which are not capitals of a specific country

-Real Weather must be used, and it must be accurate for the time and date of the flight

-All flight times/dates must be within 10 days of the actual scheduled date(so if the flight occurred on January 1st, the latest I can fly that flight with Simulator Time/Date as January 1st is January 11th real world)

-Delays are allowed, cancellations may also occur

-You may fly flights that were historically cancelled, as long as the previous limitations are met

-If using PMDG, service failures must be on, at least during take-off, climb, descent, and landing. You may turn them off during cruise

Optional Rule(s)

-Use Airlines only from ONE of the 3 alliances( I will be using Star Alliance)

Enjoy and Good luck.

Signed Jon

Ambitious project, Jon, but it should be lot of fun! Keep us posted!

I like a few of your relaxed-rule requirements, such as:

-You may return to your original starting point, or to a destination that you have previously visited as many times as you wish.
[This is good if you especially like a Capital City on/after your touch-down (in the SIM), and so wish to re-visit/re-try.]

-You may fly to cities which are not capitals of a specific country.
[This also good because there are interesting cities in countries, which are not necessarily their Capitals.]

-Delays are allowed, cancellations may also occur.
[This is much-needed, due to higher priority of family/personal matters (e.g. call-for-dinner...🙂...may override the aircraft-configuraions for a timely departure or even cancel the flight altogether...]

Good-luck, and do let us know about any scenery add-ons that you use on your trip.

First Flight of the journey, YYZ-YVR Air Canada 119. Using a Boeing 777-300ER PMDG. With Ray Smith's CYYZ and CYVR, weather is Active Sky Next.

oY8pUod.jpg

Loading Up at Toronto

DW3rUfp.jpg

x9DBhwu.jpg

See ya later Toronto

zjKlC8K.jpg

wx4y1R5.jpg 

A sunset View at 38000

RBiXogn.png

tmtelQj.jpg

The Rockies with a low level cloud base

DTaTvqz.jpg

Vancouver in Sight

KIUdlS7.jpg

elDp3E3.jpg

tKrWdVc.jpg

fwIFAnl.jpg

fdTwEz8.jpg

ImWLoDF.png

KNeJ5VN.jpg

dB9c83J.jpg

And we're here.

Signed Jon

And the resolution on those first set is way worse than it was on my end, this maybe a learning experience.

Signed jon

Edited by FSXCYYZEGLL

On 1/7/2019 at 9:27 PM, FSXCYYZEGLL said:

So this will be a long series of posts and screenshots, now the title is self-explanatory. But to add, here are the rules for me and this journey(also please contribute if you would like to try this challenge).

Goal:To Fly to every single Capital City in the world(or as many as possible within the prescribed ruleset)

-All Flights must continue from the previous destination( ex, after YYZ-LHR, if I wish to go to Hong Kong, I must fly from LHR, and Cannot choose another departure point without flying there first), this extends to diversion airports, regardless of the reason.

-All flights MUST be real-life scheduled flights from an airline(the aircraft should belong to that airline, but some exceptions such as the aircraft previously belonging to that airline, or being a close equivalent are allowed. Ex 737-800 replacing a MAX). Note: If you diverted, you may continue from the diversion airport to your intended destination without having to adhere to this rule. (Note some exceptions are allowed. For example Istanbul has gotten a new airport recently, however using Attaturk as a proximate for the new airport is allowed, just make sure to state this)

-All journeys must start from 1 starting point, and will end eventually at that point(for me this will be Toronto, Canada)

-You may return to your original starting point, or to a destination that you have previously visited as many times as you wish.

-You may fly to cities which are not capitals of a specific country

-Real Weather must be used, and it must be accurate for the time and date of the flight

-All flight times/dates must be within 10 days of the actual scheduled date(so if the flight occurred on January 1st, the latest I can fly that flight with Simulator Time/Date as January 1st is January 11th real world)

-Delays are allowed, cancellations may also occur

-You may fly flights that were historically cancelled, as long as the previous limitations are met

-If using PMDG, service failures must be on, at least during take-off, climb, descent, and landing. You may turn them off during cruise

Optional Rule(s)

-Use Airlines only from ONE of the 3 alliances( I will be using Star Alliance)

Enjoy and Good luck.

Signed Jon

Unfortunately, what you want to accomplish cannot be accomplished in ONE topic.  The rules state no more than 20 images per thread (topic).  This is done because we are trying to be considerate to those who own SmartPhones or 2400 baud Modems or have an otherwise very slow connection to the Internet.  When you open the topic, all of the images are loaded and it could take some days or time to load each image depending on the size.  AVSIM has not changed this rule and there is no plans to change it in the near future. 

Anymore images added to this thread will be removed.  I apologize for the inconvenience but we have rules.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10