Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Vertigo Studios - All product on Sale?

My goodness, I thought they'd gone bust. Haven't heard from this company in years.

Bought a few of their aircraft in 2015/16 but found that they couldn't install in FSX Steam Edition and they didn't answer any questions on their support page either.

I'd be weary buying anything from them as their aircraft are FSX only (not even Steam Edition) and they still charge the same prices as four years ago, for reasonably good, but very outdated models. They will need to discount much more to get me interested.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

I know someone who is running the Stearman in P3D v4.4 and is happy with it, apart from the well known 'sound loop'.

It is confusing. He purchased it from FSPS Xmas 2018, but it is  no longer available there.

T45

Edited by Treetops45

Too bad about the FSX-only. I am in the market for a little Vans, and the Panther looks fun.

2 hours ago, rightseat said:

Too bad about the FSX-only. I am in the market for a little Vans, and the Panther looks fun.

Hey rightseat, I can't vouch for the Vans, but the Panther, Hellcat, Avenger, Dauntless etc are all great and really well modeled. They were definitely ahead of their time and still look good today, but they're add-ons that were produced in the 2008-2012 period.

As Treetops45 says, there are ways to get them to work in P3D with varying success, but I've grown tired of tinkering with flight sims and just want to get-in-and-go nowadays. I'm still using FSX half of the time, therefore happy to buy FSX-only products, but the 28% discounted prices of £16 ($20?) feel a bit steep.

Edited by rooitou
  • Like 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

im weary as I bought their products  from their old stores for them to close the doors on them and now they have opened a 3rd store ?

as they are nice products and work in both fsx and p3d, I will wait for them to sell them through a major store from now on

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

I'd be almost inclined to give their SBD a shot. It looks quite nice, but I think fifteen quid is a bit over the odds for a product which is comparatively basic and getting on for ten years old. If they dropped it to a tenner, I'd probably bite.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Get the SBD (including 3 other warbirds) at Flightstore.co.uk here for £2, plus postage (FSX DVD), also the Vans and Stearman for £2 🙂

Don't have the SBD but I have the Vans and Stearman both working ok in P3D (not sure if I tried them in P3Dv4 but should be OK)

Cheers
Keith

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, keithb77 said:

Get the SBD (including 3 other warbirds) at Flightstore.co.uk here for £2, plus postage (FSX DVD), also the Vans and Stearman for £2 🙂

Don't have the SBD but I have the Vans and Stearman both working ok in P3D (not sure if I tried them in P3Dv4 but should be OK)

Cheers
Keith

I meant to ask - to get the Vans & Stearman working in P3D - did you have to do much fiddling?

T45

I think they just worked...no 'cockpit sounds' perhaps...but can you really hear switch clicks in an open cockpit with that big radial up front? Certainly couldn't in the Tiger Moth I flew once 🙂

Biggest problem for 64-bit P3D is FS2004 objects and macros in the model - that's a no-no, the sim often crashes. Then 32bit code in instruments, which is usually minor - something just doesn't work properly. Bit like real-life...

For aircraft using the common freeware sound guauge there is now a 64-bit replacement.

Cheers
Keith

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keithb77 said:

Cheers
Keith

Thanks for that link, just ordered it from there.

For those interested in a Boeing Stearman incidentally, I can recommend the recent Golden Age Simulations one, which is compatible with all versions of P3D and all versions of FSX. It has some very nice features including models of Continental and Lycoming engined versions, several differing civilian, Air Force and Navy variants and a working hand-cranked inertia starter which is fun to use in the sim. You can find that at places such as Just Flight for 16.99.

Alan Bradbury

On 1/9/2019 at 10:15 PM, Treetops45 said:

Plus GAS have a Super Stearman in development, release slated for Jan'19.

Yup, really looking forward to that one, instant buy for me, just like the current one was, it's definitely GAS's best release to date; personally I think it's one of the best add-ons you can get for P3D, it always puts a smile on my face to fly this one.

And whilst the current GAS Model 75/PT13/17 version is really great fun to fly,  there'll doubtless be more fun to be had in the new ones with their uprated engines and revised dual ailerons will certainly improve the roll rate; the standard Stearman's roll rate is a bit too leisurely for serious aeros, which is probably why that dual aileron mod is quite common on them these days.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

On 1/9/2019 at 7:23 PM, Chock said:

For those interested in a Boeing Stearman incidentally, I can recommend the recent Golden Age Simulations one, which is compatible with all versions of P3D and all versions of FSX.

Yes, I can second that. The new GAS Stearman is great. The sound are fantastic, they got a 3rd party (Immersive Audio) to do the sounds and it paid off, ie you basically get a free soundpack.

And if you ask them nicely on their support page (after having purchased the original of course) , they might send you a free demo version of a Stearman duster they've been working on - it is brilliant!

Edited by rooitou