Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Vertigo Studios - All product on Sale?

For anyone purchasing Vertigo products from Flightstore UK, be aware that Vertigo have a message on their support forum page that they no longer support boxed products purchased from that store as they are "old stock". I discovered this after finding that the SBD on loading has an engine fire (even if loaded with the engine off!) but I cannot find a way to get rid of this engine fire effect and support from Vertigo is non-existent. Poor show by Vertigo but I guess they don't want to see their sale prices (£15.99, which IMHO they are not worth) undercut by the £2 boxed versions from Flightstore UK.

Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

14 hours ago, scianoir said:

For anyone purchasing Vertigo products from Flightstore UK, be aware that Vertigo have a message on their support forum page that they no longer support boxed products purchased from that store as they are "old stock". I discovered this after finding that the SBD on loading has an engine fire (even if loaded with the engine off!) but I cannot find a way to get rid of this engine fire effect and support from Vertigo is non-existent. Poor show by Vertigo but I guess they don't want to see their sale prices (£15.99, which IMHO they are not worth) undercut by the £2 boxed versions from Flightstore UK.

Bill

Perhaps try a message over on a SOH FSX Military forum - there are some bright technical folk there who like a coding challenge.

Had a similar problem with a Beaver & the answer was to make sure the Carb Cooling was on at start up, or as soon as possible after that, If not flame & sparks shot down the exhaust.

Still waiting for my discs. Dispatched 10 Jan'19 to East Coast USA. 9 days today. 

T45

• Upvote 1

Will ask over on that forum thanks. 

Bill

Bill

Any joy re the SBD engine fire?

My discs arrived. The Stearman flies well, though the sound is a bit harsh.

The SBD replicates your engine fire. Prefer not to fly it with smoke pouring out the back!, although it does seem to go ok under those circumstances.🤨

T45

Further to my above post. i think I have solved the engine fire issue. I had a hunch that the fire was an "effect".

When the SBD is installed you are told to copy 13 files from SBD 'Effects' folder into the P3D 'Effect' folder. [or FSX if you are using FSX]

Among them are:

fx_VSSBD_fstage1.fx and fstage2.fx

I renamed them in the P3D 'Effects' folder & the fire has gone.

There is exhaust smoke on start up that comes from:

fx_SBD-EngStart.fx

but that clears as you take off.

Hope this helps

T45

• Upvote 1

Thank you T45! I hadn’t actually got around to posting the issue over on the SOH forum but I’ll give your suggestion a try - it certainly sounds logical. I can’t actually recall being told to copy files to the effects folder but I’m not sure if I actually read any instructions as I just simply ran the exe file on the disc!

Will I ever learn?!

Bill

Edit: Your suggestion worked perfectly in FSX thank you. I actually uninstalled and reinstalled the SBD before I deactivated those files and I found that the installer had automatically installed those files to the effects folder rather than asking me to copy any files over. Perhaps the installation process is slightly different for FSX and P3D

Edited by scianoir