Sign in to follow this  
DellyPilot

Fantastic, but some minor issues

Firstly let me say this is a great example of excellent well thought out UI design built by someone who actually uses the software! 

From a fellow application designer great job, the ability to jump in a new plane and within a few minutes have your views and controller setup to a common 'theme' you are used to is brilliant. The gimball is nice and the head movement stuff makes a massive difference to the sense of flying the aircraft.

I used Opus for many years and it was a pain to setup! So thank you.

I do have some minor issues or suggestions having used it for a week or so.

Mouse Button assignment to Actions

This would be appreciated because of the setup I have. 

• Movement: Keys: W,A,S,D
  • Pan/Tilt: Mouse
  • Zoom: Mouse Wheel
  • Up/Down: Mouse Button 4 (XButton1) Mouse Button 5 (XButton2)   <-   NOT POSSIBLE

AutoHotKey I thought could help me map these buttons to Keys which I could assign in ChasePlane but weirdly it doesnt work, somehow P3D doesnt pass the mapped key presses on.

Is there a workaround or is this something you could add, the ability to assign these Mouse Buttons to actions?

Copy and Paste to List of Cameras

The copy and paste stuff is really good but I would love to be able to bulk update, I setup about 30 planes and then realised I could use a specific Chase setting (Stick Mouse Look) and I had to go through every camera 1 by 1. An Apply current to Cameras feature with filtering might help or perhaps I missed it.

Replace Cameras

Id also like to replace multiple cameras on 1 or more Planes from a given plane Onboard/Outside. Something like Replace All Camears from

Currently I have to click (twice) to remove each camera 1 by 1.

Even a Clear all Cameras button or mapping Delete key to Remove camera might help. Maybe I missed a better way to remove cameras.

Drag to Reorder Cameras

Just a thought 🙂

Apply existing Cameras key Mappings when copying

When I copy cameras that have already have a Named Key assignment it doesnt copy that over, I have to right click Add Button Mapping and then click Named and the existing one then gets hooked up. 

This is quite frustrating as I always want them to be copied and cant imagine why you wouldnt. All my planes have Pilot and Instruments Named Key mapping.

Frequent Disconnection

On 4.4 I tend to get disconnections where I need to restart Chase Plane. This often happens when a new Scenario or Aircarft is loaded and does seem to be also linked to 'being outside'.

Thanks 

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

On 1/8/2019 at 10:14 AM, DellyPilot said:

I have not tried assigning it with AHK but I know it works when using Macros in my Razer mouse driver. Are you using a mouse with suck driver application?

Right-click on the checkbox or slider knob

Replace Cameras

We try to make it so that you can't remove cameras by accident. Maybe we can improve this...

Drag to Reorder Cameras

Click & hold, wait 300ms, then move

Likely a refresh issue. Reopening CP likely rebinds them. Does it only happen when copying a camera?

Frequent Disconnection

When that happens, create a Report file from the Preferences and send it over to us via email

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks for the reply, sorry I missed this.

I have not tried assigning it with AHK but I know it works when using Macros in my Razer mouse driver. Are you using a mouse with suck driver application?

I am using a generic 5 button mouse. I have tried 3 separate macro programs. They all work (MB4/MB5 can deliver key press) in other applications. E.g Chrome, Notepad.. but not in P3D. Very odd. Maybe I need to buy a Razor mouse then.

Right-click on the checkbox or slider knob

That's really nice

Replace Cameras

We try to make it so that you can't remove cameras by accident. Maybe we can improve this...

Not a big thing but yea a clear button and a dialog could be helpful maybe, or multi select DELETE button with dialog?

Drag to Reorder Cameras

Click & hold, wait 300ms, then move

Not sure how I missed this. oops!

Likely a refresh issue. Reopening CP likely rebinds them. Does it only happen when copying a camera?

This happens only and every time I add a new plane and copy views from an existing plane. You are correct closing and restarting CP fixes the issue.

Frequent Disconnection

When that happens, create a Report file from the Preferences and send it over to us via email

This is far less often now. Sometimes it will be 1 Named View key that stops and 5 or so times its been the 'a' key which I cleared in P3D ('view - next in category') then assigned to 'Chase Plane - move left' (WASD) suddenly it reset back to its original P3D 'view - next in category'!

I was really confused until I restarted P3D and the issue got fixed. This was so weird because no other key other than 'a' got reset. Restarting CP did nothing.

I will fill out a report as requested next time.

Thanks, and once again great app, essential add on now.

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400