Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

Vertx Diamond- Wow.

I know everyone gives me constant flack for being negative and critical, (which I admit I am), but I just want to post this topic to praise the Vertx 2 Diamond. 

Just WOW. I am always skeptical of buying addons, and I decided to give this one a try. It is truly in it's own league...the visuals are STUNNING. I switched back to a carenado aircraft and the Flight1 B200 and I was like WHAT IS THIS PLASTIC? Lol...

For anyone on the fence... coming from me,.. get it. And it's at such a reasonable price. 

• Like 2

Im waitng for the WX radar and Navigraph support, then ill buy it. It looks amazing i think as well. Im starting my multi rating the DA42 soon and im currently flying the Da20 c1. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'm in flight this very moment using the Vertx DA62 from KCAD to KAKR - I agree with your assessment.👍

22 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Im waitng for the WX radar and Navigraph support, then ill buy it. It looks amazing i think as well. Im starting my multi rating the DA42 soon and im currently flying the Da20 c1. 

Is he saying that it's in the works?

1 minute ago, Mitch24 said:

Is he saying that it's in the works?

I asked about the weather radar in another thread and did not see a response from Sean. Someone made the comment that in the real plane it is a (Sirius XM or ADSB?) feed but regardless I think integrating AS16 radar would be a big plus.... also waiting to see if this will be added before I buy it

32 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Sure, some features might be missing. But i'm happy to support addons with a reasonable price tag... this quality if sold by Flight1 would be like $100...

Yeah the real plane has an optional wx radar or you can get the xm weather. I think they where going to simulate an on board radar. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I understand that some are waiting on things like wx radar and navigraph however, IMHO this plane even with out any more development is far far ahead of any other GA out there bar none. Just to fire it up and do a couple of patterns and landings is a real treat. For the price of a diner and a movie you will get years of flying out of this thing. Like the Op, I tend to find a lot wrong with even the best of the GA stuff out there. I have no clue as to how Sean was able to capture the feel and look and at the same time we can get way more than 8 FPS LOL. There is lots more goodness coming from what I hear, but for now, I have to say that Sean is the King of the Hill and has set the bar very high for other developers. Sadly, I can not say the same thing for my beloved Crimson Tide.☹️

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

The key point for me is that this is a modern GA aircraft.  Currently available to purchase in the real world (for a slightly higher price)!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Bought it today and made some circuits and two shorter test flights.. I am very impressed!

But considering the overall quality, I really miss rain effects on the windshield and visible icing effects. That would make the immersion complete. The A2A rain effects are available for devs at no cost, I really hope Sean will consider it.

Dynamic lighting and SID/STAR support in conjunction with the FSAerodata pack would make it perfect then.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

I agree with the above assessments - it’s the best GA aircraft by a country mile!  And don’t wait for extra features, it’s great as it is and will only get better if new features are added!  My only downside is that there is no paintbkit yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

6 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Why not get it now and add those features if and when they become available?  :unsure:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bert

9 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Why not get it now and add those features if and when they become available?  :unsure:

Point taken...BUT I just bought the A2A v35 and a bunch of ORBX stuff (great sale), so I've gotta take it easy for a while .

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

51 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Truth is I think if Sean would have passed up on the G1000 and included GTN 750 then it would still be the best GA out there. That's of course not realistic because far as I know all DA-62's have the G1000 package and it is nice to have it the way it was intended. Sometimes the talk about the whistles and bells tends to over shadow the hard work and attention to detail that went into this product.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

This is the first GA plane I've ever flown with manual control wheel steering, what a pleasure that feature is! 

• Upvote 1

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10