Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

11.30rc2 Can you load a custom METAR?

If you are running the beta, does your xplane crash when attempting to load a custom metar?

In 11.26 it works fine for me but in all recent betas as soon as I click the load custom metar option I get the XPlane loading screen and in the lower left is "starting application" and the usual blue loading bar but it just sits there and does not bring up the Windows dialog box that allows me to select a file as it does in 11.26.

I reported this as a bug and Jennifer told me that she couldn't replicate it.  I thought maybe I had just gotten a bad update but I just updated to the very latest beta and it still does it (crash).

So...what happens when you try it?  Im running Windows7 x64 Home premium.  Im up to date as far as I know.  11.26 works fine.

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Works fine for me.

1. Select Flight Configuration
  2. Weather -> Customize
  3. Weather mode -> 'From custom METAR().rwx) file -> Load new METAR
  4. Select a METAR(.rwx) file to open Dialog opens
  5. Select METAR.rwx file
  6. Click Done
  7. Apply changes
  8. Weather loads

No crash, did it a few times also works fine in previous versions.  Is there anything in the log.txt or in the Windows Event log?

Hi Glenn -  thanks.  I've reverted back to 11.26 and I didn't think of keeping the log.txt file.

Windows did report the error but I don't know what to do with the error report.  In event viewer it just says 'Application Hang' and gives some other info that's meaningless to me personally.

something must be different in the way Xplane interacts with windows.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

5 hours ago, Glenn_C said:

Works fine for me.

1. Select Flight Configuration
  2. Weather -> Customize
  3. Weather mode -> 'From custom METAR().rwx) file -> Load new METAR
  4. Select a METAR(.rwx) file to open Dialog opens
  5. Select METAR.rwx file
  6. Click Done
  7. Apply changes
  8. Weather loads

No crash, did it a few times also works fine in previous versions.  Is there anything in the log.txt or in the Windows Event log?

Glenn - Do you run Full Screen or Windowed mode?  I find I can load a METAR when in Windowed mode but it crashes in full screen mode which is what I normally run.

19 hours ago, sightseer said:

Glenn - Do you run Full Screen or Windowed mode?  I find I can load a METAR when in Windowed mode but it crashes in full screen mode which is what I normally run.

Full screen or Windowed it works fine for me. Maybe try updating your  video drivers or try another screen resolution to check if that may be causing an issue?

Hi Dave - it's all running fine for me too - windowed or full screen. I use ASXP as my weather engine and have X Vision 'Impressive' loaded......... but I am using Windows 10.

cheers

Peter

Thanks to you both.  I have an NVidia card and I run with DSR on (1.2x) and I don't update video drivers very often so I suspect this is just one of those weird bugs on my system.  Hopefully updating drivers will solve it but since I do have a workaround, I feel better about moving on from 11.26.  Its odd that I'm the only one though.  I can't be the only one running DSR with my video driver.

anyway...thanks again for checking on your systems.  much appreciated.