Sign in to follow this  
deltafan

rain effects on water?....

hmmm is there any chance to see it in final version?????? It`s really strange when it`s raining and no mark is visible on water ....brds

Guest VFR_Steve

sorry not alot of help but I have noticed this too... seems MS have forgotten alot of little things.

Guest JohnEGPF

No effects on water.... but like the effects when you open throttle on a wet runway, very well done.John

>sorry not alot of help but I have noticed this too... seems>MS have forgotten alot of little things. That's a big assumption Steve. I believe it is more related to not adding more things that cause more performance loss. As for the little things, well a post could not contain all of the little things we do see................Randy J. Smith................CAUTION! My views represent no one but my own. While I do help companies test products - this in no way means I represent them in ANY fashion.[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Can you show us an example screenshot of the wet runway takeoff effect?THanksmBill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

>Can you show us an example screenshot of the wet runway>takeoff effect?>>THanksm>>BillIf you can wait until tonight, I can do a quick video.

Sure...video sounds good.Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I could live without rain effects on water, if it kills smoothness or frame rates...On the other hand, it would be a nice little effect to have.We'll just have to wait n see if it makes it in there.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Remind me never to fly with you...ever. :)

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

>It ended up being a little loud, so you might want to turn>down your speakers.>>The video is about 15mb, but my webserver is choking a bit, so>pause it and give it time to download if it's going slow.>>http://www.laniercreative.com/brian/flightsim/rainfx.html>>That's how it looks on my system.Great video! If that is your server choking then I wonder how quick it is when it's not choking! That was quick!

Sweet video, thanks.The water effects are nice.Bill

I doubt rain on water effects will be in there. It would be a nice effect to see, but when would we ever really pay attention to it? If we are flying VFR flight low over a lake or taxiing on a lake, you'll notice them a little, but generally, you'll be more concerned about getting the plane ready for takeoff or looking at other scenery elements.I think it's a small feature that ultimately would be nice, but would not really make much of a visual difference, as we wouldn't really be paying attention and watching the feature. I'm just happy that the water reflects! :)Though, you never know what ACES has up their sleeve. Besides, the effects FSX will have, will be a vast improvement over FS9.

>>It ended up being a little loud, so you might want to turn>>down your speakers.>>>>The video is about 15mb, but my webserver is choking a bit,>so>>pause it and give it time to download if it's going slow.>>>>http://www.laniercreative.com/brian/flightsim/rainfx.html>>>>That's how it looks on my system.>>Great video! If that is your server choking then I wonder how>quick it is when it's not choking! That was quick!Thanks...it wavers at best. When I first tested it, it was a touch slower than normal.I definitely need some help with landing in bad weather. That was a new experience for me.Why I went swerving all over the place: Traction tends to be rather weak on those wet surfaces (as it should be) to the point where you can skid and even powerslide a bit it seems. Get some good speed up on a wet surface and then full turn with brakes and you will get a good slide going.