Sign in to follow this  

Groom Lake Aircraft

Guest obkfly

Okay, this maybe a little bit off topic but I am wondering if there is any list or something similar of aircrafts (except for the Janet 737) which have ever been spotted at the famous Groom Lake/Area 51.I know that aircraft like the U-2, F-177-, SR-71 have been tested there but have there ever been spotted transport aircraft like C-141, C-5, C-17 ?Just wanna know because I wanna add some more traffic to this place.

Guest tallpilot

If you want some ancient history :-) I can tell you some airplanes that were in and out of there while I was there back in the 50's.The U-2's were delivered in Air Force marked C-124's and every once and a while an Air Force C-119 would come in to drop off equipment or personnel. Lockheed had a DC-3 (painted all a ucky green) that they flew their people back and forth to Burbank for weekends ( a little R&R) There was a silver Beech 18 that was used sometimes for a chase plane for U bird landings. Not much sophisticated equipment except for the U-2 but a very interesting place at the time.Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

They have some Mig 29s out there.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I thought those were at Nellis proper?

To be honest I'm not sure where they are actually kept, I think they participate in Red Flag exercises, so in that case they would be kept at Nellis. According to a Discovery Channel show I watched a few months ago, some journalists were sneaking around the base (Groom Lake) with their cameras and caught a Mig 29 taking off from there.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Maybe some are at Nellis (I too have heard they take part in Red Flag) and a few more at Groom Lake for research (maybe as part of upgrade programs for allies flying them).

Some guys reckon that they spotted a few Reticulan Star Sprinters over there a few years ago.......Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If I told you I'd have to kill you :)

Guest HVA394
Janet Virtual Air is under a new Domain and management. "Janet Virtual Air" is Civilian pilots in Air Force registered (B732)planes that fly in and out of MOA's all over the USA....To transport parts and Military civilian employees.And now the Janet VA is under new management. We have broaden your routes to enclude other countrys. So JanetVA is no longer restricted to just the USA or KLAS.We also are running an FSHost Pilot Training Server to train our Pilots prior to them getting on the Multplayer VATSIM.NETWe are currently in an Western Europe FIR Tour on the pilot training server. And because it is a trainging server for Janet Pilots it is opened to the public so The new pilots will have other traffic to contend with while enorute to their destination.... We are Accepting pilot sign ups. Visit website for details.Also an AFCAD2 is available of the KLAS Janet terminals on the Janet download page @ WWW.JANETVA.ORG. And the afcad was created and modeled from a google sat image....D. McMahanJVA-VP/WMwebmaster@janetva.org

I once spoke to an elderly man, a quiet guy who claimed to once work in reverse engineering at groom lake, the only thing he told me about his job was "You think the technology we have now is amazing? Just wait until all the worlds are against us, you have not seen anything yet" Needless to say it was very intriguing. He must have passed away by now since it was many years ago.Andrew

Guest Adrian Wainer

When did [ ie in what year ]Groom lake become operational as an advanced aircraft testing station?Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

I flew in several Redflag

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset