Sign in to follow this  
eolsson

Conflict with AI

Hi

Yesterday I did a flight with RC that ended at Stockholm/Arlanda (ESSA) in heavy snow and low ceiling. It worked ok in beginning with vectors to an ILS 01L landing. Established on the ILS I was turned over to Tower and got a "clear to land". On a very short final breaking out of the clouds I see an AI-plane lined up for takeoff on the runway. I then get "go around" from the Tower. After a rather long go around a new ILS approach, got "clear to land" from Tower again and the same story, there is an AI-plane lined up. Of course "go around" again from Tower, but I didn't have time do to that so I landed anyway. This cost me the licence according to RC. I think the controllers also could get their licences withdrawn for letting planes line up in front of a landing aircraft. Seriously though, are the AI planes properly controlled in RC? I have UT Live.

/Esbjörn

RC will try to move Ai aircraft out of your way but it appears less successful now than in years gone by.

I’ve had the same problem but ignored the instruction. I get chewed up but it doesn’t stop me using RC. Until the underlying code is changed by L-M I’m afraid we’re stuck with it.

AiSmooth was a program released many moons ago and may help but Ai do tend to have a mind of their own.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Another option is to just kill the traffic in UTLive with Ctrl-T when a conflict like this appears, and then re-toggle it on after landing. 

I've played with automating this programmatically within a module I wrote to handle my custom flight controls, toggling off the traffic from landing lights on for takeoff until climbing through 3000 ft AGL, and from descent through 3000' AGL through landing lights off during the after-landing check.  Seems to work OK...prevents runway incursions such as the OP describes and keeps wrong-way/cross traffic from getting in the way, as well as improving performance during the takeoff/landing phases.  I'd guess that could also be done in a lua script with FSUIPC.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob, have you experimented with Traffic Zapper - part of FSUIPC. The Ai need killing before RC instructs you to go-around. I don’t know if it has the range.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, w6kd said:

........that could also be done in a lua script with FSUIPC. 

bob/all

indeed, pete has aifreezer.lua in his next fsuipc5 update

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85696-slewing-ground-ai-traffic/?tab=comments#comment-522206

stops "taxiout" traffic entering the runway after you lower the gear. works well though you may get "taxiin" crossing. then you can use the zapper and / or add it to the lua.

• Like 2

for now, cheers

john martin

On 1/9/2019 at 9:23 PM, vadriver said:

bob/all

indeed, pete has aifreezer.lua in his next fsuipc5 update

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85696-slewing-ground-ai-traffic/?tab=comments#comment-522206

stops "taxiout" traffic entering the runway after you lower the gear. works well though you may get "taxiin" crossing. then you can use the zapper and / or add it to the lua.

Looking forward to that. It takes the hassle out of dealing with runway-hogs. On the other hand, the shotgun boom of FSUIPC's zapper is very satisfying.

34 minutes ago, Dave Morgan said:

Looking forward to that. It takes the hassle out of dealing with runway-hogs. On the other hand, the shotgun boom of FSUIPC's zapper is very satisfying.

No need to look forward to it as it’s available now.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Sorry to be dim. But where is this "aifreezer".

I have v5.15, which seems to be the latest and can't find any mention of such a thing!!

Ian Harrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Ian,

In the Modules folder there's a documents folder where you'll find all Pete's stuff. In there should be another folder containing sample LUA files including aifreezer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I remember with UTL a problem with the timing of UTL rendering AI late quite some time ago so RC didn't see that when doing a runway search prior to approach. Don't recall resolution.

The ctrl-T function was an advanced function in FSUIPC that you assign a keystroke function. It sets AI percent to zero and then restores your set percent to refresh AI. I don't recall if it is a traffic toggle. It was not available for all versions of FS. You'll find it in the advanced section of the FSUIPC documentation.

OK. I found the folder but it might just as well be written in Klingon. Way above my head.😖

I'll just keep on ignoring any incursions.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.