Sign in to follow this  
Bulva

Pilot2atc - two questions ...

Good morning,
(sorry for my English).
I have two questions:
1) Is it possible for ATC (pilot2atc) to react when I fly contrary to a set route?
I have never received information from ATC that I amn "Off course"...
When I fly away from the route of a fixed flight plan and ATC is silent, even when I fly in the opposite direction many, many ... miles ...
(I do not expect ATC to be a vector for me along the entire route, but I will say that I am not going where I should and will help, how to get back on a set route).
2) I am using Windows 7 without a speech recognition system.
Is it possible to use an external program for Pilot2Atc to work using the voice ???

I count on help ... :-)

Dave the developer would be best to answer.  As to 'off course' I think the answer is sometimes as  I have received off course.  There are some old posts in here from developer about abilities.

Your best bet is to start Pilot2atc, Click on Config button and then ATC Settings.  Just based what the labels I think one could make Pilot2atc nag you as much as you want by reducing the appropriate values.  I would read the manual on this tab before making changes.   If this doesn't do it then I don't know any other way.  I am not sure it is ATC's role to tell the pilot how to fly.

#2 No idea other than the installation possibilities listed in the manual.  I know there are users that use P2ATC without a mike using Sayit+ or Sayit

Regards

... thank you for your help.

Regards

Edited by Bulva

P2A will give off course instructions if you are flying with a filed IFR flight plan.  If flying VFR or without a filed flight plan, you can go wherever you like and ATC is not responsible for aircraft separation and will not tell you what to do.

Dave

... thank you for help, but ...
Does this mean that if I fly IFR, will ATC lead me through the entire route? Will he only direct me to my planned route, and then I have to fly based on my own instruments?