Sign in to follow this  
danielgarzag

Some recommendations for the PMDG 737 update

Hello,

Just wanted to say some recommendations that I think will make the PMDG 737 a much better aircraft than it is right now for P3D V4. First of all, the PMDG 737 is one of the very best aircraft add-ons on P3D, but there are a couple of things that might need some improvement.

1. Sound, the sound on the PMDG 737 is good but could use some improvement to sound like the real 737, it would be great for PMDG to code/configure sounds between the outside views and the wing/engine views of the airplane. For example, if the camera view is changed to the outside of the airplane, the APU and outside sounds are the only sounds that can be heard, and when the camera is changed to a wing view or engine view from the inside. The APU and exterior sounds are muted inside and the hydraulics and engine sounds are the only sounds that can be heard from those views, instead of having the APU and exterior sounds play on all views of the plane.

2. Spool up/Sounds, to be honest, the engine spool-up of the PMDG 737 is very slow compared to the real life 737, it would be amazing if PMDG could re-do all sounds of the 737/engine sounds to sound more like the real 737. The flap sounds are also very quiet and cannot be heard when in the real 737 the flaps are heard loud and clear. The reverse thrust sounds are also kind of bad since it is not that realistic compared to the real 737, it would be cool if PMDG could try to add realistic blasting sounds of the reverse thrust. The buzzing sound on the PMDG 737 is kind of mixed with the wing and airplane sounds which make the engine buzzing sound almost hard to hear sometimes.

3. Animations, the spoiler animations on the PMDG 737 is not that good as it is not smooth compared to the PMDG 747 which has very smooth spoiler animations. It would be great if PMDG could add smooth spoiler animations for the 737. The engine fan animations are also not that good as it is the same as the spoilers. Compared to Quality Wing's Dreamliner which has very smooth engine fan animations. It would also be amazing if PMDG could fix these animations too.

4. Winglet, the Boeing 737s today have scimitar winglets which the PMDG 737 does not have. It would be amazing if PMDG could add the scimitar winglets option on their PMDG 737.

5. Strobe lights, I don't know if the cycle of the strobe lights is depending on the airline but I have seen a United Airlines 737-900 has strobe lights like the 787 Dreamliner, it does not flash quickly. It would be a nice detail if PMDG could change the cycle of the strobe lights on the -900 version

6. Displays/cockpit, not much to change but to make the information on the displays more colorful/brighter like in real life.

Not saying that PMDG has to change/add this stuff, but these are recommendations for the next PMDG 737 big update (if it is planned) that I think would make the PMDG 737 the most realistic plane on P3D.

Thanks! 🙂

[MOD NOTE: Replaced original text from post prior to user modification.]

Edited by scandinavian13

8 minutes ago, DanielGarcia said:

Please delete this post, posted on the wrong category.

You had this post in the right forum. Not sure why you thought to move a 737-related post out of the 737 subforum, and into the general one...

MOD NOTE: Changed the title back, and replaced the original text.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi guys,

Well, speaking of the brillant PMDG 737 and an update, i'd prefer implementation of new features instead of

external and sounds modifications :

- CAPT and FO warning lights add Cabin Altitude, Takeoff Configuration lights and others.

- ND : add weather in VOR and so forth

- FMC : add vertical deviation on FMC prog page 4/4 and RTA function

- FMC : add RTE2

etc.

But even without this little details, the 737 will definitely remain as one the best simulation of all time.

Best regards,

Bruno Thimothe.

41 minutes ago, BrunoT said:

Hi guys,

Well, speaking of the brillant PMDG 737 and an update, i'd prefer implementation of new features instead of

external and sounds modifications :

- CAPT and FO warning lights add Cabin Altitude, Takeoff Configuration lights and others.

- ND : add weather in VOR and so forth

- FMC : add vertical deviation on FMC prog page 4/4 and RTA function

- FMC : add RTE2

etc.

But even without this little details, the 737 will definitely remain as one the best simulation of all time.

Best regards,

Bruno Thimothe.

If you want them added then open a support ticket, there is a special section for feature requests. Best bet is that they will be in the new ng3.

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

You had this post in the right forum. Not sure why you thought to move a 737-related post out of the 737 subforum, and into the general one...

MOD NOTE: Changed the title back, and replaced the original text.

Oh sorry about that, I thought it was in the wrong forum!

5 hours ago, DanielGarcia said:

Hello,

Just wanted to say some recommendations that I think will make the PMDG 737 a much better aircraft than it is right now for P3D V4. First of all, the PMDG 737 is one of the very best aircraft add-ons on P3D, but there are a couple of things that might need some improvement.

1. Sound, the sound on the PMDG 737 is good but could use some improvement to sound like the real 737, it would be great for PMDG to code/configure sounds between the outside views and the wing/engine views of the airplane. For example, if the camera view is changed to the outside of the airplane, the APU and outside sounds are the only sounds that can be heard, and when the camera is changed to a wing view or engine view from the inside. The APU and exterior sounds are muted inside and the hydraulics and engine sounds are the only sounds that can be heard from those views, instead of having the APU and exterior sounds play on all views of the plane.

2. Spool up/Sounds, to be honest, the engine spool-up of the PMDG 737 is very slow compared to the real life 737, it would be amazing if PMDG could re-do all sounds of the 737/engine sounds to sound more like the real 737. The flap sounds are also very quiet and cannot be heard when in the real 737 the flaps are heard loud and clear. The reverse thrust sounds are also kind of bad since it is not that realistic compared to the real 737, it would be cool if PMDG could try to add realistic blasting sounds of the reverse thrust. The buzzing sound on the PMDG 737 is kind of mixed with the wing and airplane sounds which make the engine buzzing sound almost hard to hear sometimes.

3. Animations, the spoiler animations on the PMDG 737 is not that good as it is not smooth compared to the PMDG 747 which has very smooth spoiler animations. It would be great if PMDG could add smooth spoiler animations for the 737. The engine fan animations are also not that good as it is the same as the spoilers. Compared to Quality Wing's Dreamliner which has very smooth engine fan animations. It would also be amazing if PMDG could fix these animations too.

4. Winglet, the Boeing 737s today have scimitar winglets which the PMDG 737 does not have. It would be amazing if PMDG could add the scimitar winglets option on their PMDG 737.

5. Strobe lights, I don't know if the cycle of the strobe lights is depending on the airline but I have seen a United Airlines 737-900 has strobe lights like the 787 Dreamliner, it does not flash quickly. It would be a nice detail if PMDG could change the cycle of the strobe lights on the -900 version

6. Displays/cockpit, not much to change but to make the information on the displays more colorful/brighter like in real life.

Not saying that PMDG has to change/add this stuff, but these are recommendations for the next PMDG 737 big update (if it is planned) that I think would make the PMDG 737 the most realistic plane on P3D.

Thanks! 🙂

[MOD NOTE: Replaced original text from post prior to user modification.]

I sincerely doubt they’ll be a significant update’ to the current 737. Instead, we’ll get a completely ‘new’ rendition and an opportunity to spend >$100.   If they update this bird, it may satisfy some simmers enough to forgo their new 737; thus,  I doubt they will...

Matt King

15 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I sincerely doubt they’ll be a significant update’ to the current 737. Instead, we’ll get a completely ‘new’ rendition and an opportunity to spend >$100.   If they update this bird, it may satisfy some simmers enough to forgo their new 737; thus,  I doubt they will...

I hope they do make a new version of the PMDG 737. That would be amazing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DanielGarcia said:

I hope they do make a new version of the PMDG 737. That would be amazing!

They are doing one called ng3.