Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

What Happens After Surviving 46Gs (Most Faint at 6Gs)

I use to love that spinning ride that pins you to the wall at the amusement park and then slowly drops the floor, leaving you hanging there. I don't know how many G's it exerts on you but it was fun.....

Except I tried it last sumer and felt distinctly shaky afterwards, which is a bit sad. I wonder if you eventually reach an age where coasters and other rides are no longer safe.

At any age though, 46G's is madness.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Amazing man. Never heard of this guy before.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

"Decelerating at that speed before had never been done before..." hmm, I wonder why!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Look at the decel rate in modern race car crashes...  Brack was 193 G's; highest recorded, Bianchi was 92 G's, Alonso and Sainz were both 46 G's...   No idea what Hinch was in Indy probably 100+...  

There is a reason a good race seat can cost in excess of $15,000

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I believe two places, mission space at Epcot and the revolution at socals magic mountain have given me the most sustained G's in a ride, mission space a bit longer.  However the teacups at the Disney parks can make you pull an amazing amount of G's if you and your "loved" ones are strong enough to spin them fast enough.  My wife and daughter could torch-er my old body on the teacups and they would laugh as my jowls went to the back of my face until I cried out for their mercy.  Once they gave it to me I would grab the wheel and get my revenge, since I could sustain more G's than they could having played football in my youth and been "dogpiled" many times in practice and in our real games, lol.  I also, being the tinyest would be on top of the old "gymnastics" pyramid.  I was good at it, the pyramid would fall underneath me, and for an instant I would be suspended in weightlessness before slamming back down into my classmates, one landing just light enough on my face not to damage my teeth but get a mouthful of dust, to the fear then astonishment of my gym teacher and still good friend today, 44 years later.

Coming into JFK in 77 I felt the most severe G's I have ever felt in an aircraft as we descended thru a meso cyclone just west of the airport, over Scranton PA.   We were tossed around so hard some of the passengers were screaming, me I just listened to Seals and Croft's get closer and the song "Here Come's the Express" from I do not know who, and I fastened my seatbelt.  We cleared the weather, landed, the weather passed over the airport and then as we flew on to Munich we had to go thru it again in our DC8-63 as it took off just before the far threshold of the runway under the weight of the pouring rain on the wings.  Again we took off at an insanely steep angle, the steepest in any aircraft, outside of my stall training in my flight lessons, until we punched thru the deck into the clear sky above.  We were all quiet and then the captain came on and told us we were the last flight to make it out of JFK towards Europe, all other flights were grounded due to our flight report about the severe chop.  But it gave me faith in the sturdiness of the DC8-63 and the DC aircraft in general, and I was a big fan of them while road warrior and transatlantic traveler, and Boeings as well, and Airbusses, all the aircraft I have flown on, except for Microlights, I praise.

John

• Like 1