Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

How to remove ai_global_ship_ship_traffic

As I'm having bit of an issue with this ship package is there a quick way to remove the packages and reinstall them instead of searching though all the files?, Hendricks global ships.

Cheers Rod 

No.

Thats why it is wise to take a look at the .xml way to install add-ons, i did that with my AIShips install.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Mmmm, so it'll be a long night then I assume if there's no other way, but is there a reason as to why I'm seeing duplicate ships following each other?

Cheers Rod.

58 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

As I'm having bit of an issue with this ship package is there a quick way to remove the packages and reinstall them instead of searching though all the files?, Hendricks global ships.

You can easily remove the full ship traffic by simply moving all .bgl files for the ship traffic out of the scenery/world/scenery folder. You simply have to find out which files those are, but most probably all with "traffic_ships_" in their file name.

But what is the issue? Is it about P3Dv4.x incompatible AI ship models?

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Thanks AnkH, I'm seeing duplicate ships around the place, no particular area but I can name a couple, OMDB, YPPH area's, I assume there's more, p3dv4.4, the package works fine except for the duplicates.

Cheers Rod.

Take a look at the installed files and batch delete them or search them up one by one if you don’t know how to work with batch commands..

I have not yet observed double ships, but I was a long time not in the region you mention. Double ships can only mean that you have the "flightplan" of this ship twice in your setup. Either because you have an old and a new version of the same "traffic_ship" .bgl file or because of an error in the "flightplan" itself. I would contact Henrik directly to solve this, I am sure he would like to know if there is such an error somewhere in his plans.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

As Chris says, all of the Global Ships traffic BGL files should have a similar name, so it shouild be easy to remove them from the BOATS folder. No need for XML style addon methods.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the reply's guy's, would anyone have a contact for Henrik, I'd like to maybe contact him first before I remove and replace the ships incase it's an easy fix.

Cheers Rod