Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Maddog sounds

14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The sounds were not to there liking "to loud" as pilots were saying the VC is a very quiet place IRL. So it was not to "their taste" (liking/preference) The "merge" is imo the best of both worlds. 

Thanks for the explanation, and i'm glad you are liking the merge...😎

5 minutes ago, awf said:

Lol reading seems difficult in this topic

I did read his post, it was the "to Leonardo taste" part that I was unclear about, I just wasn't sure what exactly that meant, so please forgive me Andre...😏

So I bought the sounds and they are very good. BTW I think they have two cockpit versions now. One quiet as in normal and one louder. Having sat up front pax cabin in both the MD80 and DC9 I think the normal CFG is good for the MD and the louder for the DC.

It is a completely different sound experience (decibel-wise) when one sits at the back of these two aircraft.😣

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

On 1/10/2019 at 2:01 AM, Nyxx said:

Yes TSS sound addon for it.

Now some don't like it because it has to higher sound levels for the engines from within the VC, but Leonardo did what they called a "merge" with this you get imo the perfect combo. A quiet VC but the real sounds of the engines on wing views and out side the aircraft. On a climb, they scream, sounds wonderful. It adds a lot to what has always been the only weakness to this wonderful aircraft.

Gotta disagree. I have dug the TSS stuff for other aircraft but when you increase thrust, this version it sounds very fake. I actually bought it for the same reason, the Maddog sounds leave a lot to be desired, but I reverted back. See if someone has them on YouTube and you can see what I mean by increasing thrust. Doesn't sound like a real recording of thrust increase, it sounds like it was digitally time stretched. 

I currently don't use the merge but the thing bugging me with the TSS pack is that in wing view I get the external sound as if I am outside the aircraft. Is this fixed by using the merge?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

16 hours ago, Shomron said:

I currently don't use the merge but the thing bugging me with the TSS pack is that in wing view I get the external sound as if I am outside the aircraft. Is this fixed by using the merge?

Sounds like a bug to me, although I havent tried that view. I cant remember how much was merged, but it could be a Maddog bug.