Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

Network PC for As4

Hello, I need some advise to use a second PC exclusively for AS4 for my p3D 4.4 to gain some extra performance for my primary PC. My p3D is exclusively on the primary. Could someone help me please with some easy way how is made? I will appreciate.

Thank you George

May i ask you about your sys specs?

AS4 itself isn't too much load on your system, injected weather is but this is coming from P3D and not AS4.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

17 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hello, I need some advise to use a second PC exclusively for AS4 for my p3D 4.4 to gain some extra performance for my primary PC. My p3D is exclusively on the primary. Could someone help me please with some easy way how is made? I will appreciate.

Thank you George

Hi George, I too asked this question some time ago, even over at AS, and from what I understand, unless you have a fairly low end PC, setting up AS on a networked PC would not gain you much in the way of performance. I guess hearing from someone with 1st hand experience with a 'before and after' scenario would be the best response for you I guess.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

with some easy way how is made

the ASP4 user guide page 96 ..... then it's your call.

for now, cheers

john martin

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

experience with a 'before and after' scenario would be the best response for you I guess.

brilliant after ... could not see the point of before  (since ASX) !

for now, cheers

john martin

1 hour ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Thank you my friends, I appreciate, 

i7, 6700k, 32 gb ram, 1080 ti 

Vritually no fps gain with network setup. If the fps with AS acitvated its a problem with to high settings inside of AS.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

To offload or not to offload, that is the question. I saw a similar threat about a month ago with no one really confirming results or not so I decided to try it myself. I run a I7 4790K 1080ti under VR so I am looking for an extra framerates. It took about an hour to setup and get working with the secondary machine being an average I5 laptop.  I have a basic networking background, but the instructions are easy to follow regardless.

Once you get SimConnect on the remote machine, you can start to move other applications over as well. I run ASP4, PsxseeconTraffic, RealTraffic on the laptop and on the primary machine, just P3D. Sometimes I have SimBuddy or the FSEconomy clients running as well depending on what I am doing.

I do run Pilot2ATC on the primary machine. I feel like I may gain some frames getting Pilot2ATC off of my primary machine, but it’s nothing more than a hunch. There is an issue with mic and sound with the transfer to the other laptop, I am not wanting to deal with yet.

I really cannot see any frame rate increase and the sim feels just the same as it did a month ago before the offload. However, what I do now have is another machine that is setup that I can put down the VR headset on occasion and browse YouTube and Internet without taxing my P3D machine any more.

In summary, I feel like it’s a cleaner way to run my Sim. I am one of those people that feel the less than is running on my game box, the better the experience and stability so I am going to keep that setup going. But if you are looking for significant frames increase, don’t think it’s there. Try it out, takes about an hour to setup, you might get results. Some folks have reported frame rate increases in other threads.

Tip if you do offload, make sure your computers are set to have a static IP address. Totally forgot about DHCP and had to run down a problem with SimConnect because the IP address changed on my primary PC.

I use a rather old (10 years) laptop for ASP4 over network and has being doing that for 10 years :-).

Works great . My old I7@4770K is greatful 🙂

Thanks

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I run AS4 & ASCA over a network, in total 3 PCs make up my sim.

I did this originally because I used to see stutter in the sim, offloading to another PC cured that for me, I suspect that SSDs and the latest hardware probably eliminate this issue but for me, if you have a spare PC then you may aswell use it for a feature that has been provided as a benefit.

I also run the EFB, traffic injection and flight planner on the networked PC

Edited by kand

Thank you so much, I do have a spare PC but the problem is I have no clue how is the procedure. 

George

10 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Thank you so much, I do have a spare PC but the problem is I have no clue how is the procedure. 

George

The AS documentation on the networking procedure is about the best there is.