Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

40 second lockups at end of long haul 747-8 P3dV4.4

I don't think stutters or jerky animation is related to long frames.  I've convinced myself by observing that most long frames are due to loading scenery objects.  Objects such as terminal buildings and other structures that are not autogen objects or stuff from the default libraries.  I know that these scenery objects are loaded by P3D in a single thread in core 0  based on various comments and explanations from others much more qualified than I.  Were the rendering engine use multithreaded code this problem would be solved.  I hope that LM has this in the works for v5.

I've notice that my Process Explorer indicates unusually high I/O activity during long frames, and that this I/O activity is not disc drive activity.  I'm trying to learn more about what this means.  I/O is defined in the Process Explorer documentation to be drive or device I/0 and not console activity (console take to be the keyboard/display?) so if it's not the drive or video then what is all that activity.  I don't know yet.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

Running with TFR unlimited and frame rates limited by VSync to a 30 Hz monitor has been the magic pill for me for the last several years, starting with P3D v3.

Thank you Bob, that's what I have. I was more interested to do a 30 FPS locked based on what Rob A was showing on a video regarding ground autogen loading issue. 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I've had this happen once or twice in the past too. Make sure a few things:

don't minimize your sim over a longer time. You can run it in the background just fine, but don't keep in minimized. independent from your computer's or NVIDIA energy settings this will take priority from the sim and can shut the video card down. No chance to get the sim back on the video card once this has happened, you'd have to restart it. You normally should still be able to save though.

Make sure your video card and power supply are clean. Heat from a high load can spool them up. 

On 1/10/2019 at 10:47 PM, Ephedrin said:

I've had this happen once or twice in the past too. Make sure a few things:

don't minimize your sim over a longer time. You can run it in the background just fine, but don't keep in minimized. independent from your computer's or NVIDIA energy settings this will take priority from the sim and can shut the video card down. No chance to get the sim back on the video card once this has happened, you'd have to restart it. You normally should still be able to save though.

Make sure your video card and power supply are clean. Heat from a high load can spool them up. 

Agree with you, minimize p3D while it is running => 90 % CTD or dxgi_error_device_hung nvidia eror