Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

JennaSoft - Gatwick (EGKK) potentially releasing soon

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

https://forum.iflysimx.com/topic/1539-and-jennasoft-second-project-is/

I've had my eye on this project forever so I'm glad that it's almost time.  Love Gary's work on his latest UK airports, but UK2000 Gatwick is definitely getting tired.

I don't know how I feel about this Jennasoft offering any more. It doesn't look as fresh and exciting as other airport sceneries that are now being released, so I think I may stay with UK2000's Gatwick v3 refresh.

That said, Gary can't start his new modelling and texture techniques soon enough. Competition is coming in the form of Jennasoft for Gatwick and ORBX has hinted at making middle-sized UK airports - his bread and butter products.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 hours ago, ErichB said:

but UK2000 Gatwick is definitely getting tired.

So does Heathrow sadly, BUT at least we're no longer in the unknown times of the FSX not knowing where the hobby and platform is going. I'm sure someone will capitalize on EGLL at some point.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Other than few updates Garry is spending this year creating new tools for future development of UK airports, this could be for 64bit UK airports I suspect, and for all we know PBR.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I wish the best to Gary, I just hope he doesn't get left behind, because he has provided the simming community with some beautiful airports.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

So does Heathrow sadly

I don't mind the current Sim-wings version to be honest.
Not Flightbeam certainly, but nothing is.

Edited by Rafal

I have umpteen UK2000 airports installed in my sim.   Would newer technology airports be harder on computer/sim performance or easier?  

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

20 minutes ago, Rafal said:

I love it, it's not only good looking the FPS are great.

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

Other than few updates Garry is spending this year creating new tools for future development of UK airports, this could be for 64bit UK airports I suspect, and for all we know PBR.

Am very grateful for Garys work but he really needs to get up to speed with P3D v4.4+, his work is looking old.

6 hours ago, ErichB said:

https://forum.iflysimx.com/topic/1539-and-jennasoft-second-project-is/

I've had my eye on this project forever so I'm glad that it's almost time.  Love Gary's work on his latest UK airports, but UK2000 Gatwick is definitely getting tired.

It's not making me go Oooo or wow, but it's probably going to be a good step up from Uk2000. So I will buy it.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I got my first look at the Professional version of Sim Wings London Heathrow last night. I noticed that the terminal building textures seemed to be loading quicker than they were in P3D v3, but I have no idea if that is because of improved rendering techniques in the 64bit version of P3D, or just a general "clean up" with the scenery itself. The custom runway lighting is a bit of a disappointment when compared to the beautiful lights at my UK2000 airports, and I also noticed that RAAS in my PMDG 747-400 was shouting "on taxiway, on taxiway" at me when I was on the runways (both at departure and arrival!! :huh: Hopefully, the improved AFD file that I have installed from the AIG website will sort that out....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The first thing I would look forward to with Gary's airports would be some nice, higher resolution building textures. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

23 minutes ago, Rafal said:

I don't think I even knew this thing existed. Just checked it out on Simmarket and I'm interested. Thanks.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I am really looking forward to the day when I can beta test the first of Gary's "next generation" airports. I agree that the resolution of the textures needs to be improved (I think that sticking with FS9 versions for so long probably did not help matters in this department). It is also why I am interested in this JennaSoft version of Gatwick.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I don't think I even knew this thing existed. Just checked it out on Simmarket and I'm interested. Thanks.

It's changed from the P3D v3, it had terrible taxiway clipping and just had bugs that never got fixed, It was so bad I went back to the very bad looking UK2000 version as Taxiway & runways worked as they should, I just closed my eyes at the gate.

But Simwings P3D v4 and Bang, all great. I don't use DL but love the airport.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Do you see 3D approach light support structures short of the runway 27L threshold, Chris? I never saw these in the P3D v3 version, and I have noticed that they are still not visible in P3D v4 with the Professional version!

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic, Erich. Normal service will now be resumed.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png