Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Saitek Radio Panel Baro is stuck in hPa

Hi, can not switch the baro to inHg, no mater what is set on the aircraft.  It starts on hPg and cannot switch it.  I tried assigning a button on LINDA, but it's a no go.

I'm using P3D v4.4, LINDA version 3.0.9.809, on WIN 7 64bt.

Thanks,

Gnacino

Just a wild stab...  go into Windows Control Panel, Device Settings, Human Interface devices; located the panel, perhaps by unplugging it and replugging it; then check its properties and see if advanced power management is checked. If so uncheck it.  Also, do a web search for "SaitekUSBFix.zip" and run the small app it contains.  That will clear out any APM settings for Saitek devicesin the registry.

Hope that solves it!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

17 hours ago, Gnacino said:

Hi, can not switch the baro to inHg, no mater what is set on the aircraft.  It starts on hPg and cannot switch it.  I tried assigning a button on LINDA, but it's a no go.

I'm using P3D v4.4, LINDA version 3.0.9.809, on WIN 7 64bt.

Thanks,

Gnacino

Hi

The answer is buried in the LINDA code. The value cannot be changed by a button assignment.

You have 2 options:

1. Go to LINDA Setup page and tick the Saitek Panels checkbox. This uses the GUI to control the Multi and Radio panels and used hPa. This is the preferred and more responsive solution. 
  2. Open the LINDA edit and open common.lua. Search for SRP_QNH_UNIT. In line 960 change ipc.set('SRP_QNH_UNIT', 0) to ,1). Click save.

In both cases you will need to Reload LUA Engine. The pressure setting will now be displayed in hPa.

Edited by ScotFlieger
  • Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks Scot, but I want to change it to inHg .  What do I put in that line to accomplish that ?

Gnacino

Why? You live is the US where they are always backups.

Sorry I misread your typo "hPg". With the Saitek Panels set in GUI that is not possible - this is hard coded. You will need to use the slower LUA implementation (Saitek Panels unticked) and edit common.lua line to ipc.set('SRP_QNH_UNIT', 0).

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Edit common.lua line 960, save and restart (option 2 above). The comments tell you what value to use (1 = inHg and 0 = hPa).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

How do I get in the editor mode?  The three items, editor, tracer, and reload LUA engine are grayed out.

Gnacino

On LINDA Setup page tick the Developer Mode checkbox. This will enable those options. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have never used inHg so it have never been a problem before. Let me investigate further.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

That's because you blokes only fly in Europe;)  Try flying across the pond, we do things the right way here :-)

Gnacino

I have reviewed the LUA code handling the inHg display on the Radio Panel. I have got it working with no change. However, the integer values of inHg (eg 30.00) were displaying as whole number without the decimal part (eg. 30). I have modified common.lua to correct this.

Download this version of common.lua, unzip it and save it in /modules/linda/system.

Ensure the LINDA Setup Saitek Panels checkbox is unticked and restart LINDA.

This should make the Baro Reference compatible with Trump's backward America :). ISO rules! Further work will be required to change the GUI code for a faster version.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

On 1/17/2019 at 3:45 PM, Gnacino said:

That's because you blokes only fly in Europe;)  Try flying across the pond, we do things the right way here 🙂

Gnacino

I owe you an apology. I had forgotten how I had implemented the LINDA GUI Saitek Radio Panel code. A little digging in the code today has reminded me.

You can switch between hPa and inHg barometric reference by turning either rotary selector to DME and pressing the ACT/STBY button. You then switch back to XPDR to see and adjust the pressure setting.

Remember to tick Saitek Panels in Setup LINDA and disable the Radio Panel in Setup Joysticks.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

On 1/29/2019 at 4:02 PM, Gnacino said:

Thank you much. All is good on my side of the pond.

Gnacino

This test build of LINDA 3.0.11 allows you to set the default Baro Reference (inHg or hPa) on the LINDA Setup page. It can also be changed in-flight by selecting DME on the Saitek Radio Panel and pressing Act/Stby button. This works in both the faster GUI and slower LUA implementations (LINDA Setup Saitek Panels ticked or unticked).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK