Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Flashing Part II

10 minutes ago, scianoir said:

The other strange thing about this is it’s intermittent nature.

Maybe I’m wrong but I would have thought that if the flashing was in some way related to animating the parts, then it would be present all the time and not just be an intermittent feature.

Bill -- good points. I don't have an explanation. It may have to do with what parts are used when.

Al

Edited by ark

Here is a test interior model that can be tested before we release a new version. Al gets no flashing on steam edition. So i think this may works as i made some improvements. Looking forward to your feedback.

F50_INT_TEST.zip

Replace the Falcon50_interior.MDL file located inside the Falcon 50 model folder.

FSX-SE model folder is typically located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\FLYSIM Falcon 50\model
FSX model folder is located here: C:\ .... \FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\FLYSIM Falcon 50\model

Edited by Flysimware
  • Upvote 1

Thank you. Will run some test flights using that later today and feed back to you.

Bill

10 hours ago, scianoir said:

I agree it doesn’t seem to be a VAS issue as I certainly have had plenty to spare (as monitored by FSUIPC) any time the flashing occurs.

The other strange thing about this is it’s intermittent nature. Tonight I made two flights in the latest v1.5b version. On the first flight the flashes started immediately after loading the aircraft and lasting for the 15 minute duration of the test flight. The second flight of 70 minutes duration however went perfectly without a flash in sight! It has also been intermittent with earlier versions of the Falcon probably occurring on about 20% of flights, sometimes immediately on loading the aircraft into the sim and at other times developing at some stage during the flight but on occasions they have disappeared again after a few minutes for no reason. 

Maybe I’m wrong but I would have thought that if the flashing was in some way related to animating the parts, then it would be present all the time and not just be an intermittent feature. However I too am out of my depth here and am open to correction if my understanding and interpretation is incorrect!

Whatever the cause however, I am confident that Flysimware will find a solution for this issue in due course.

Bill

Hi Bill:

I have found that when flashing starts immediately when FSX is loaded, I just shut it down and start over. That seems to work for me.

Rick

5 hours ago, Wink207 said:

Hi Bill:

I have found that when flashing starts immediately when FSX is loaded, I just shut it down and start over. That seems to work for me.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Maybe that explains why my second flight last night went without a problem. Am going to make a few flights tonight with the replacement model file and see how things go.

Bill

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, scianoir said:

Thank you. Will run some test flights using that later today and feed back to you.

Bill

Just to let you know I have replaced the MDL file as suggested and I have done 4 fairly short test flights (15-30 minutes each), restarting FSX and reloading the Falcon each time, and I have not had any more incidences of flashing as yet.

Bill

New test as we found some issues with the last test for FSX.

F50_IN_TEST2.zip

Once tested remind us with what sim you tested on please.

Edited by Flysimware

I installed the latest interior model file and carried out three separate test flights in FSX without any flashing and I thought the issue had been resolved but I am sorry to have to report that on loading the Falcon for a fourth time the flashing reoccurred.

Bill

Al and i found this new test is stable on P3D, FSX and Steam.

F50_IN_TEST10.zip

We used the model from version 1.3 and updated it. So by going backwards should bypass the bugged scene.

Planning on releasing our next version tomorrow. Please post feedback.

Haven't had much time this morning but managed to do one short test flight and also carried out two fresh restarts of FSX loading the Falcon each time without any flashing. Of interest is that the GPWS issue which I had reported in a separate thread also appears to have been resolved.

Excellent support!

Bill

Not seeing any either. Looks like Mark has fixed this. Also, I notice the enunciaters on the A/P control panel are back to normal.

Life is good. 🙂

11 hours ago, scianoir said:

Haven't had much time this morning but managed to do one short test flight and also carried out two fresh restarts of FSX loading the Falcon each time without any flashing. Of interest is that the GPWS issue which I had reported in a separate thread also appears to have been resolved.

Excellent support!

Bill

Yes we reverted some code back to the model that caused the annunciator light issues.

So Bill and Wink both confirmed the flashing was gone. But i have another fellow on email who tried test 10 and right away said using steam it failed. I just don't understand this outcome he stated as we are using an older model that worked. So let me know if this test 10 does in fact work over a few flights. I have a feeling this other guy may have not tested correctly.

Edited by Flysimware

17 hours ago, Flysimware said:

So Bill and Wink both confirmed the flashing was gone. But i have another fellow on email who tried test 10 and right away said using steam it failed. I just don't understand this outcome he stated as we are using an older model that worked. So let me know if this test 10 does in fact work over a few flights. I have a feeling this other guy may have not tested correctly.

I'm the "other guy" and I tested again using "test 10 model interior" and Falcon50 version 3 and the flashing is gone.  I tried several flights and the same good response.

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2019 at 4:11 AM, Flysimware said:

We used the model from version 1.3 and updated it. So by going backwards should bypass the bugged scene.

Planning on releasing our next version tomorrow. Please post feedback.

Since last night I have done a few additional test flights using this latest mod in the Falcon totalling just over 3 hours flying with no further instances of flashing, so things look good!

Bill

• Upvote 1