Sign in to follow this  
jpi19

Waypoints sequencing

So far my flights with the Falcon are going well with the exception of the waypoints sequencing display in the MFD.

The AP track the entered  flight plan but the waypoints sequencing display in the top of the MFD is most of the time lagging and does not reflect the WPT's still to go. So, there is a discrepancy between

the flight plan in the FMS and the MFD. My installation might be corrupted but before to do a full re-install I wanted to know if this issue has been already adressed.

Thanks

Jean Pierre

I have the same issue with the waypoint sequencing display in the MFD.

I'm not sure...but it seems that the sequencing stops when transitioning from a SID to the main flight plan waypoints...or to a STAR / Approach.

I haven't seen this issue mentioned before this post or addressed by Carenado anywhere else.

I don't think your installation is corrupted....I've done reinstall and that hasn't corrected the problem.

Steve Smith

Thanks for your feedback.

This is what I was suspecting and hope that Carenado will fix the problem. 

Jean Pierre

I have the same issue and it happens even when I don't use a SID. I tried a simple flight plan today just using VORs, KPHX to KLAX, and the same thing happened.

Dale

I am having this issue with both versions.

Just finished a flight from KBUR to KSJC and the sequencing stopped int the middle of the STAR.

Still having this issue with Ver. 1.1

Tried the MFD ADV, but it had no effect

Dale

Ok, I submitted this to Carenado and they replied they will look into it. I'm not sure if everyone is having this problem, but at least several of us are seeing it. I don't have this problem with the Carenado Kingair 350, which also uses the PL1.

Dale

1 hour ago, tanker said:

Ok, I submitted this to Carenado and they replied they will look into it. I'm not sure if everyone is having this problem, but at least several of us are seeing it. I don't have this problem with the Carenado Kingair 350, which also uses the PL1.

Well, I had this problem as well but I have moved on to the GTN solution and no longer track this issue.

Installing a mod to fix a native problem isn't the answer. I'm not going to buy the GTN just because Carenado can't seem to fix their products, so please stop suggesting it.

I've noticed that the FMS and MFD are both out of synch as well and the only way to seem to correct it is to DTO to the correct way point. If you use RC4, it's a bit easier to know which waypoint is next and DTO'ing to that helps (but is a work around, not a fix).

25 minutes ago, el_kab0ng said:

Installing a mod to fix a native problem isn't the answer. I'm not going to buy the GTN just because Carenado can't seem to fix their products, so please stop suggesting it.

I've noticed that the FMS and MFD are both out of synch as well and the only way to seem to correct it is to DTO to the correct way point. If you use RC4, it's a bit easier to know which waypoint is next and DTO'ing to that helps (but is a work around, not a fix).

I did not suggest anything. It's your choice and I really don't mind one way or the other.

BTW, I couldn't get DTO to work at all either.

Rick

Edited by Wink207

What Nav button do we push in order to have the AP follow the GTN. One says NAV/FMS when you put the mouse over it, the other says NAV.  Neither on says on when I push them.

Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous have the exact same problem.Looks like i'm going to have to get the gtn750 because still not seeing any updates for the fix.

Apparently, Carenado is satisfied with just pocketing the money from selling us a buggy aircraft and they've moved on.

Not what I call top notch customer service or support....especially since the price Carenado charges is significant (i.e., not cheap).