Sign in to follow this  
maxe

PMDG 747 400 Co-Pilot switches off VHF1 radio

Hi,

I found that when I ask my co-pilot to switch radio frequencies that after switching the standby frequency to active, he also presses the VHF 1 transmission button. I then have to manually reclick it to be able to communicate with ATC. I've tried the following commands

"Set/Tune comm one to 1 2 4 . 7 5 / Clearance Delivery / Ground / Tower"

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and kind regards! 

Not sure if this was solved, but i have the same problem with the PMDG 747 8i. When my Co-pilot is handeling the com, he sometime turn the VHF 1 to off. I had that problem in oceanic region.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

Pierre,

I've noticed this too. For me it's always when going from stby to the active.

Have already send an email to support and they are looking at it.

Best regards.

John Cramer

Thank you let me know if they found something. If you are not careful and the vhf 1 is turn off by the FO ,  you could miss an handoff and loose the ATC. 

Hope their is a way to found out what frequency you should tune to, when you miss one handoff.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series