Sign in to follow this  
Trubshaw

Scenery.CFG File Error

Hi All

ive been trying to get FSX to read from an external Drive. Now messed things up.

On starting FSX I now get a message, “ Sceanery.CFG File Error. Invalid Remote Sceanery Path in Area 115.

Click OK to Continue.”

The start screen is frozen until you click the little box in the tasks bar at bottom of screen.Then the message pops up , click OK and FSX continues to Friday Harbour.

How do I fix this error, 

Anybody

Trubshaw

Do you have a folder called Addon Scenery in your main FSX folder?  It could be missing.  If it's there, then open it and see if the is a folder called scenery.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi 

Yes the Add on default Sceanery folder is there, it opens and two more folder , Scenery and Textures. Both empty.

Flight sim stalls as it can not find , Remote scenery path in Area 115.

It seems to be Scenery CGG file. or a path which I have created causing the error message 

Trubshaw

There is a file that repairs the Scenery.cfg file for this error and puts it in order, you can download it from here:

You can get it here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~smgreenwood/welcome.shtml

Click on the Resources tab at the top right of the screen which will display to get a short list of his available downloads.

The "problem" is in all versions of FS - his utility makes it simple to keep the scenery.cfg in good order. Be sure to read the documentation carefully.

Hope that helps.

I c/p David Opa marshal's reply it's helped me many times.

Berlopez

If you can't find the tool listed above you might give SceneryConfigEditor a try.

It requires having the java runtime environment installed, but will trap error and provides a pretty easy interface for fixing errors.

It's also the easiest way to add new freeware scenery to FSX.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Also a good Tool Ernie, though I preffer FSTscenery.exe you just click the .exe and in seconds it rebuilds the file.

Another idea make and keep a safe/Backup copy of the file, just in case! In the event you have to use it and update it just see how the [Areas] and Layers=  are/Matched within the file:

[Area.010]
Title=0007 Base
Local=Scenery\0007
Layer=10
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.011]
Title=0100 Base
Local=Scenery\0100
Layer=11
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.012]
Title=0101 Base
Local=Scenery\0101
Layer=12
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Here is a link that Works for FSTScenery, Look at the post by NIckN:

https://www.simforums.com/forums/solved-scenery-cfg-file-error_topic41226.html

Edited by Berlopez
MOre info

12 hours ago, Berlopez said:

Also a good Tool Ernie, though I preffer FSTscenery.exe you just click the .exe and in seconds it rebuilds the file.

Thanks for the good link.

Ernest Pergrem

Hello Chaps.

Thanks for replies, I have three computer on a network, All have FSX installed , And each computer can see one another, The error refers to Area 115,  which is Reno, nothing has altered as each computer shows the same    Text. Ie the correct text in the Scenery CFG show the same , the other computers where offline at the time.

The words  Remote Scenery Area 115 makes me think it’s somwhere else.

I have been trying to get FSX to read Scenery from an external drive  with a transfer rate of 1 gb per second, I had it working many years ago , but can’t  remember how to do it.

The FSX Scenery library can see it , but will not load or run it.

Any ideas how I get FSX to run it.

Trubshaw