Sign in to follow this  
SKIPS2

1SEC PAUSE AFTER T/O

Hi Guys,

Has anyone experienced a 1sec pause after T/O when main gear leaves the runway, particularly B744? This is the 2nd time I've experienced it.

I'm still on p3d 4.3 and have the latest 9195.

Regards,

Dario

I keep meaning to put in a ticket for this... I've done 4 or 5 takeoffs in the -8 and there's a distinct pause right after T/O that wasn't present before this latest update. It's very consistent.

Alex Pugh

I’ve noticed it too it also comes with a sound like the land gear lever. It’s not a second pause more like .25 of a second.

You can also see it on chewwy94 take off on his flight yesterday from EDDF - VOBL watch from 1:16>

-8F for me Chewwy94 was also -8

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Gents,

First try adding this to Prepar3D.cfg  please.

[sound]
time_constant=0

See if is any difference.

Second in PMDG STUP under OPTIONS - SOUND - play with PRE-LOAD SOUNDS and see if is any change.

If none of the above works then is time for the bug list.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Are your sound drivers up to date? I had a lag in the A2A Bonanza when turning on the Avionics with the GTN installed. A driver update cured it.

Firstly try watching the Stream, please. Did you watch Chewwy stream, Alex?

Marc mine are completely up to date thank you. Are Chewwy sound drivers out of date? do you think? Did you also watch the stream?

Like the other two have reported it was not there before the update and like I referenced the Chewwy stream. It's a very small stutter with what sounds like the landing gear lever being used when it's not.

The mico pause and sound is around 1:16.20 in Chewwy Stream. It's not the landing gear but sounds close to it. Chewwy raises the gear shortly after. It just sounds similar.

It's no big deal but its there and I've noticed it on every takeoff since the update.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 hours ago, Nyxx said:

You can also see it on chewwy94 take off on his flight yesterday from EDDF - VOBL watch from 1:16>

Can you please post a link to that video? Thanks.

James Goggi

I don‘t care if anyone‘s drivers are updated as long as he doesn‘t ask for advice/ideas. My suggestion was based on my personal experience with my system, not from any crystal balls. 

And no. I have better things to do than watch any streams for an hour sixteen. 

Driver updates had cured stutters on my system and suggestions like that have already helped others. If it doesn‘t on OP‘s system than it was still worth a try. Even without soneone third pouting around. 

13 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

I don‘t care if anyone‘s drivers are updated as long as he doesn‘t ask for advice/ideas. My suggestion was based on my personal experience with my system, not from any crystal balls. 

And no. I have better things to do than watch any streams for an hour sixteen. 

Driver updates had cured stutters on my system and suggestions like that have already helped others. If it doesn‘t on OP‘s system than it was still worth a try. Even without soneone third pouting around. 

Marc, I think you should take a min to think your reply before posting. Why you think you can be so rude with your ill thought out reply I have no idea.

First, you don't have to watch the video for 1 hour 16 mins you click on the bar at the bottom and start just a few seconds before the reference time. Hence the time reference.

Your right about checking drivers but that is not the problem for me or the stream Chewwy did.

All you had to do in less time it took to post your reply above was go watch the Stream, no more than 30 seconds of your time,

Edited by Nyxx

10 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Can you please post a link to that video? Thanks.

Am not sure I'm allowed to link twitch streams on this forum.

what I am seeing on the 744 is that if I take off with the wipers switched on, they will stop wiping for a short moment right after liftoff. However I dont experience a general stutter asociated to that.

I have all sound to preload and also the CFG fix applied

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Marc, I think you should take a min to think your reply before posting. Why you think you can be so rude with your ill thought out reply I have no idea.

First, to don't have to watch the video for 1 hour 16 mins you click on the bar at the bottom and start just a few seconds before the reference time. Hence the time reference.

You right about checking drivers but that is not the problem for me or the stream Chewwy did.

All you have to do in less time it took to post your reply above was go watch the Stream, no more than 30 seconds of your time,

I thought you meant to watch streams in general. I‘ve indeed misread that part. Pardon. 

Anyway, often when those stutters appear just at the moment when something special happens (like a lift off) sounds change and can cause those lags. I‘ve come to that point by reading about sth similar somewhere else and tried it on my system. 

20 minutes ago, Sekkha said:

what I am seeing on the 744 is that if I take off with the wipers switched on, they will stop wiping for a short moment right after liftoff. However I dont experience a general stutter asociated to that.

I have all sound to preload and also the CFG fix applied

The PMDG preload all sounds is worth a try agree. But it seems to be not an event that should trigger any sound? I could be wrong!

18 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

I thought you meant to watch streams in general. I‘ve indeed misread that part. Pardon. 

Anyway, often when those stutters appear just at the moment when something special happens (like a lift off) sounds change and can cause those lags. I‘ve come to that point by reading about sth similar somewhere else and tried it on my system. 

I hear your point but at the point of the micro stutter and the sound, I don't think anything should be triggered at the point in the takeoff. 

Your apology is accepted thank you. Watching a recorded stream is no different to re-watching a youtube vid.

I wish I could link the stream its better than a thousand words.

I hope Kyle @scandinavian13 might have a look and shed some light on this. As I know the PMDG guys like Chewwy94.

Edited by Nyxx

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

But it seems to be not an event that should trigger any sound? I

my feeling is also this..

I only experience the wipers to stutter, not the whole sim, .... maybe this is somehow rainmaker-related ?

or maybe mine is still something different, but that would be strange coincidence ....

Edited by Sekkha

After watching the stream now a few time I think I might have found the problem?

The altimeter in the stream reads 380ft as he is on the runway, after takeoff it does not change until the event we are reporting happens. Then suddenly the sound plays and the altimeter springs to life. That's the point of this event when it happens. 

If I'm being really picky it's like this.

The altimeter stays at 380ft then if you look really carefully it just and I mean just wanted to start increasing then the "click" sound happens for no reason I know of, you see the altimeter spring to life after the event, also you can see a mico pause in the flight directors also.

What's been triggered at that point in the takeoff I have no idea probably only PMDG would know?

The only thing I can think of is, is this the point in time when the altimeter comes alive and that event is the trigger but why the click sounds and micro stutter?

The Chewwy94 vid I'm referencing is the exactly the same as I have had every time, at the same point in time.

The good thing the video is there for a perfect point of reference.

Edited by Nyxx