Sign in to follow this  
Terry O'Brien

FSUIPC/SIMCONNECT for networking

Why dont add-on application designers use FSUIPC as a network interface rather than simconnect. FSUIPC usually works instantly across  the network without problems whereas SIMCONNECT works great if you you dont have installation problems but if you do have installation problems you can forget it. Trying to trouble shoot SimConnect is a nightmare. The general attitude to SimConnect is, If it works ... GREAT!! if it doesn't work please dont even bother asking me. So my question is; why dont add-pn vendors us FSUIPC instead of SimConnect? I would really like to hear the reasons  why.

Let me use just one application as an example. Plan-G can be used across a network using either FSUIPC or SimConnect. If you connect using FSUIPC it works. If you use SimConnect it MIGHT work. Why dont other add-ons use the same approach?

Simconnet is included free with the Sim and doesn't require and additional purchase of FSUIPC unlocked and WideFS. Not sure but perhaps Simconnect can read more variables? I really have no problems using simconnect

Edited by Adrian123

Also... FSUIPC reads from SimConnect.

LM has been moving away from the SDK and has provided a PDK that doesn't use SimConnect at all.  Developers simply have to learn and use the PDK, and in the future this should offer the advantage of increased performance because we won't have all that internal network traffic running in the sim.  But that day is pretty far off.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.