Sign in to follow this  
Dand76

P3D v4.4 Problems !!

Hello, 

i never had this problem until v4.4 but everytime i start up p3d it starts up a default scenerio randomly. Also when im trying to the change aircrafts airport weather and time it freezes and crashes.... very annoying PLEASE HELP!!!

Did you previously create a restore point ?   Also, you could go to "Apps and Features", Select your Prepar3D v4 entry ,then "modify" ,then  "repair".

There is a setting for Show Scenario Startup Screen, which you can adjust in the settings once your in the Sim.

That should resolve this for you.

Regarding the random flight, just create a new default and you should be set.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

3 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There is a setting for Show Scenario Startup Screen, which you can adjust in the settings once your in the Sim.

That should resolve this for you.

Regarding the random flight, just create a new default and you should be set.

how do i create a new default ?

2 minutes ago, UPS12 said:

how do i create a new default ?

Load into a flight you've created (Aircraft, Airport Position, etc.), File (menu), Save, and click "Default Flight" before saving.

Time Saving Measure:  Don't forget that you can always Google "Google "P3D Create Default Flight" instead of waiting for an answer in the forums.  There are many thousands of flight simmers who have posted in flight sim forums over the past 25+ years and there are very few questions that haven't been asked and answered available in the various forums.

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello 

Everytime I try to fly the load up screen comes up it glitches freezes then starts a sceneio and when that scenario loads I can’t go in it. I heard suggestions saying uncheck the startup screen but that doesn’t work if anyone encountered the same problem please help !

33 minutes ago, UPS12 said:

Hello 

Everytime I try to fly the load up screen comes up it glitches freezes then starts a sceneio and when that scenario loads I can’t go in it. I heard suggestions saying uncheck the startup screen but that doesn’t work if anyone encountered the same problem please help !

Since you already have a thread open on this, I would simply refer to that thread.  Opening numerous threads about the same subject is frowned upon. 

If the solutions I provided to you in the other thread don't work, then you're very likely looking at a complete uninstall and reinstall of P3D and associated addons, which would be faster than looking at every single little item that might cause this (with P3D and various addons).

Dave Hodges

Merged the topics.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You could try re-installing just the P3d client, which is a much smaller download/file compared to the content installers. That might fix whatever happened to cause the glitch you reported. You could also first check that there are no corrupt entries in your p3d.cfg file that call up the scenario load screen thus:

[USERINTERFACE]
SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1

[STARTUP]
DEMO=0
STARTUP_DEMO=
LOAD_SCENARIO_TOOLS=1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page