Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Eaglesoft Challenger 605 under development!

29 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

What's "Facebook" ???

A social media site that has stolen all user information and shared with the rest of the world :biggrin:.

Although my 3 year old told my wife once, "Facebook?" why you want a book on your face mummy? it made me laugh...

S.

• Like 1

Happy to have seen their progress reported here , with respect to posting this on the front page its rare to link to a facebook post as these are often redirected links to a login or join page for many who are not facebook users.

Ron is an old acquaintance , I worked on their SR 22 series when that was brought to FSX , perhaps he can provide time for an interview and touch base , its been some time since we chatted on Skype . 

Best CJ

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/10/2019 at 4:52 PM, scianoir said:

Eaglesoft have just posted some (external) screenshots on their Facebook page of the Challenger 605 business jet which they have under development. There is no information yet on which platform(s) it is being developed for but the screenshots certainly look very nice. Eaglesoft have been been relatively dormant for many years but they produced some quality aircraft for FS9 and, assuming they put some effort into good systems replication, this hopefully should be a very nice additional business jet simulation.

Bill

Good to see Eaglesoft still at it.  They are a class act in our hobby, rare to come out with titles but the titles they come out with are show stoppers!

John

• Upvote 1

They were certainly up there amongst the best developers for FS9 and let’s hope they keep up that standard with this new product. 

Bill

• Like 1

I see a 4000 nm range for the Challenger 605 (is that correct?)  

If so, it can cross the Atlantic.  That would be nice to see, even though we also have the Falcon 50 now.  I was holding out for a 64-bit Citation X but this'll do.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 minutes ago, Mace said:

If so, it can cross the Atlantic.  That would be nice to see, even though we also have the Falcon 50 now.  I was holding out for a 64-bit Citation X but this'll do.

In FS9 with WOAI I used to do real time Oceanic flights, with ATC over the web for effect.  I would go to sleep during the flight, wake up in the morning to land in London, Frankfurt, Munich or Zurich, all four cities I have flown non-stop to in real life from 1977-2017.  In P3D and Xplane I stick to two hour jet or prop flights, about my limit now for real time flights, I prefer 45 min to one hour flights even more if they cover a variety of scenery. 

Once I went on a biz trip to Vegas in '94.  I flew there from SFO while staying with my parents, got there and checked my voicemail at McCarran.  I never made it to my client or out of the airport.  My boss Chuck left me a message -- DO NOT GO TO THE CLIENT's HOTEL, THEY ARE NOT READY!  So I had to go to baggage claim, check back in at Southwest, I put some money in the one armed bandits on my way back to the gates and won about ten bucks, then boarded the same aircraft I came in on to the amazement of the astonished and oh so sexy flight attendants who wanted to hug me.  Then I caught the bus home and before evening even fell, walked back to my parents house, unlocked the door to their stunned astonishment.

I begged my boss to stay but he wanted me to go on another gig.  I refused after the tiring turnaround and instead drove to the Nugget Reno the next day for a week's R n R not to gamble but for their great Bellamy Brother's show and wonderful indoor swimming pool.  While I was there I had a voicemail from my boss who asked me to go home and wait for instructions for my next gig, then I found myself called the next morning and rushed to Michigan for an emergency via Sacramento and ORD the next day. 

I was team lead for twenty of my employees and sadly had to go up there to write up one and have him terminated because he made a pass at a male bartender.  My boss was gay but he had zero tolerance for gays who stepped out of line on the job.  We have remained friends since but I was sorry I was put in such an awkward and tender position being a flaming heterosexual, lol.  My client understood what I and my former colleague was going thru and was very apologetic but we both knew I had to make a call on the problem, to protect her staff and my former colleagues future career. 

That is why I gave up being a boss in my later career and gave up my dream of becoming a CFI--I preferred and still prefer to be a workerbee or a drone and I set up or help set up and test websites pro bono now in my early retirement, so I do not go stir crazy from having no purpose.  That is why I participate in the Xplane11 betas and Lockheed Martin updates, just to help them both for saving our hobby and our community.

22 minutes ago, Mace said:

That is correct - it’s range is about 1000nm more than the Falcon 50 so the 605 should be able to do flights like NY or Washington to London comfortably non-stop in both directions whereas the Falcon would probably require a fuel stop particularly on westbound flights against the prevailing winds.

Bill

10 hours ago, Chuck_Jodry-VJPL said:

Happy to have seen their progress reported here , with respect to posting this on the front page its rare to link to a facebook post as these are often redirected links to a login or join page for many who are not facebook users.

Ron is an old acquaintance , I worked on their SR 22 series when that was brought to FSX , perhaps he can provide time for an interview and touch base , its been some time since we chatted on Skype . 

Best CJ

Thanks to all for your support over the years. A visit to our website here:  http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/  For a glance at our Generation Three and Generation Four Catalogs and Lineup should be enough to satisfy those who are averse to FB.

We use FB to inform that strata as to what we are currently developing and what we intend. The following is quote from the FB Page which may be of help.

"Recent improvements in process and coding, along with new and competent beta test access allow us to at least consider the possibility of offering Citation XLS+ RTM for either Generation Three, 32 Bit Simulation Platforms such as FSX Boxed, FSX Steam, and P3DV3 or Generation Four, 64 Bit Simulation Platform such as P3DV4.

This would allow customer choice of Platform Specific Versions. More on this as final determinations are made."

Actually Chuck I've recently reinstalled Skype so will try to touch base soon.😎

🤔

Edited by N400QW

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

On 1/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, Mace said:

Yeah I'll likely get the challenger (if the govt ever reopens grrr!)....but I'm truly excited for the new P3D version of their Citation X

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |