Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

A36 Bonanza, missed GlideSlope

Hello ppl!

I tried to make my first flight with the A36, short one from LIRA to LIRN. 
Premise: i am a total noob.
Everything went good as expected, on the Garmin i noticed a lot of ILS to choose from for runway 6, so i activated the first approach ILS-6 (with a small "GPS" writing near it) and i set the Garmin to VLOC. Then autopilot to APP, and i intercepted the localizer and ILS.
Plane followed the ILS as expected making some turns, but as soon as it was approaching the runway, the plane didn't hooked the glideslope to descent.
I'm quite sure the speed was ok and the altitude as well.

Did i missed something? (a part from the GS itself 😂🤣😅)

Thanks for any help!!

Edited by Alberto Zanot

Does the panel have a glideslope indicator?  Did you see the horizontal indicator drop to zero degrees full horizontal at which point your altitude hold should turn off and descent towards the runway should begin?  Were you set up for landing?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi charliearon!

- I didnt actually noticed any GS indicator on the PFD. 

- dont know if i get it, anyway the alt hold didnt turn off (as it happens with jetliners) 

- flaps, landing lights and landing gear. If you mean that

Freeware or payware Bonanza?  If freeware, do you have a link as to which one?  I'm happy to test it to see what's going on.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

not big difference with the one by Carenado free provided in P3Dv4 and the pay one (the pay has only a different PFD).

Can you take a screenshot of the panel?

Charlie Aron

It's just the default P3Dv4 A36.
Or do you want a screenshot while approaching? (that's more complicated right now)

Here it is:

https://imgur.com/a/kwTu27u

Edit: AHHHHHH I'm in the FSX forum sorry!!! Hope it is not a problem.

Edited by Alberto Zanot

OK, so now you are in the P3D forum.  I have marked the gauge you should look at.  The vertical bar is for left or right of center and the horizontal bar is for glideslope.  As you approach the glideslope feather on the GPS you should see the horizontal bar at about 45 degrees up from horizontal.  When the bar begins to drop and becomes perfectly flat (horizontal) the glideslope is captured and you should begin to descend.

I am also including a shot of what the gauge looks like when on approach.  The first is above glideslope...2nd is on the glideslope and the 3rd is below the glideslope.  Dang!  I hope I got that right???

bonanaza.jpg

images.jpeg

Edited by charliearon
added image

Charlie Aron

I see! Thank you very much Charlie! I will make a second flight keeping in mind this.

Edited by Alberto Zanot